Your "To Do" List
You can view your To Do List through the One Stop tab at home.apu.edu. It will sometimes be empty, but be sure to check it regularly because various offices on campus will post items that need to be completed. Please note that there are negative outcomes for not completing the items on this list, ie: Registration Hold, Financial Aid Hold, etc.
Most of the "To Do" List items from One Stop are placed there because the federal government has requested proof of verification from your FAFSA information. This DOES NOT mean that you are in trouble. The government picks approximately 30% of our students every year and requests verification of their FAFSA. Some students are asked to do this every year, while other students are never asked. The verification documents that you are asked to confirm can also change each year.
A few of the most common "To Do" List items from One Stop
Loan Entrance Counseling: When you apply for a government education loan, you are required to complete an online entrance counseling session. You can do this at studentloans.gov.
- For Direct Loans, you will only need to complete the entrance counseling once during your time at APU.
Loan MPN (Master Promissory Note): When you apply for a government education loan, you are required to complete a Master Promissory Note. This is your contract with the government, in which you promise to repay the loan. You can complete the MPN online at studentloans.gov.
Household Size: This might be requested for either the student, parent, or both. It is a simple one page form and can be found in One Stop or online, confirming the number of people who live in that person's house. This form needs to be filled out and submitted to One Stop.
Number in College: This might be requested for either the student, parent, or both. It is a simple one page form and can be found in One Stop or online, confirming the number of people in that person's house who are currently in college or at a university.
Tax Information: This might be requested for either the student, parent, or both. When tax information is requested, the student or appropriate parent will need to either link their FAFSA to the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) or send in a Tax Return Transcript to One Stop.
Linking to the IRS
- Log in to FAFSA with your PIN #. (If the "To Do" List asks for the parent tax information, then your parent must login to FAFSA with their PIN #.)
- Select the option to make a correction to your FAFSA.
- Choose "Link to the IRS".
- Follow the steps to link your tax return transcript (TRT) to the FAFSA.
- Be sure to "Save", "Submit", and "Continue" through the process, until there are no more options for "Continue", "Next", "Save", or "Submit".
- It will take 3-5 business days for the information to be sent electronically to One Stop.
Getting a Tax Return Transcript
- Contact the IRS directly and request a TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT. Be sure that you request the "Tax Return Transcript" (TRT), as there are several types of transcripts available from the IRS.
- Once you receive the Tax Return Transcript, submit it to One Stop.
- It will take 3-5 business days for us to process the paper form and post it to your account.