APS Connected Learning
Welcome students and families to APS Connected Learning!
We're pleased to offer lessons to connect students from home to APS instruction.
March 18 - 27, 2020: All students need to continue their learning while at home by using the choice board designed for each grade band below. Be sure to read the on-screen directions for your grade.
After March 30, 2020: This page will update with helpful information as you transition to teachers' lessons. Continue visiting www.akronschools.com for important updates.
Note to parents/guardians: 1) The required lessons are all taken from software that your student is familiar with from their daily instruction at school; 2) If your child hasn't picked up their chromebook yet from school, don't worry, just start your lessons when you get it (you don't need to make-up days) -click here for chromebook pick-up schedule; and 3) If you don't have internet at home, that's OK too, we have paper/pencil packets for K-2 that are linked to this site and are available during meal pick-ups; paper/pencil packets for grades 3-12 will be available Monday at meal pick-up if needed; 4) Click here for special notes for families of students with disabilities on IEPs.
Grades K-5 Choice Board
Directions March 16 - 27, 2020:
- K-2 students should engage in learning activities for at least 1 hour each day and students in grades 3-5 should engage in learning activities for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes each day. Activities may include paper-pencil packets*, i-Ready, reading a book, or selecting from the choice board below.
- K-5 students should engage in at least 45 minutes of i-Ready Reading and 45 minutes of iReady Math activities each week (these hours count in daily total). Directions to log on i-Ready.
- K-5 students should complete My Daily Learning Log. If students do not have the ability to print, they may use their own notebook paper to keep track.
*Note: Printed K-2 packets are available during meal pickups at schools. Paper/pencil packets for grades 3-5 will be available Monday during meal pickups.
Grades 6-8 Choice Board
Directions March 16 - 27, 2020:
- 6-8 students should engage in learning activities for at least two hours each day. Activities may include Exact Path, reading books, Career Cruising, or selecting from the choice board below. Students should engage in at least 45 minutes of Exact Path lessons for Language Arts and 45 minutes for Math each week (these hours count in daily total).
- Directions to Exact Path Lessons
- Directions for Career Cruising
Middle School Suggested Reading: APS students have access to many free online titles. Follow the Middle School Suggested Reading link, sign in, browse, and borrow. We suggest at least one book is read each week over the extended break.
Grades 9-12 Choice Board
Directions March 16-27:
- Credit Recovery Students: If you are currently working on credit recovery at school, the ONLY requirement you have at this time is to continue and finish your modules through Plato. APS is actively working on options for face-to-face test-outs.
- All Other High School Students: Engage in learning activities for at least two hours each day. This may include Career Cruising, reading, practicing for your OSTs, preparing for AP exams, or working on missing assignments from Marking Period 3 - this is an excellent opportunity to do some catch up without the distraction of classes to work on any assignments you are able to do from home. Your teachers will be entering grades April 6. Check Home Access Center (HAC) to ensure you are caught up on all your assignments.
- Directions for Career Cruising.
- High School Suggested Reading: Follow the High School Suggested Reading link, sign in, browse, and borrow. We suggest at least one book is read each week over the extended break.