Preseason Meeting / Tryouts
Parent Meeting/Tryout Times - Click on flyer ------------->
There will be a mandatory parent meeting for all GIRLS interested in trying out for basketball on WEDNESDAY, November 20th at 5:30 PM in the cafeteria at Desert Ridge.
- All players must turn in a completed physical, concussion certificate to Coach Starr by the start of tryouts on Tuesday, 1/7. The packet students turn in should include all of the pages listed below in this order. Please check that everything that needs to be signed is signed by doctors, parents and students.
- Consent and General Information (With Student ID Number at the Top)
- Emergency Contact/Insurance Information
- Medical History Information
- Physical Examination Form- Completed by a Doctor
- Consent to Treat Form
- Concussion In Sports Fact Sheet for Athletes and Parents
- Online concussion class completed with printed certificate with student’s name
- Players DO NOT NEED TO DO LIFE OF AN ATHLETE- That’s High School Only
- Tryouts for 6th and 7th graders will be Tuesday, January 7th and Wednesday, January 8th from 3:15 - 5:00 starting in the main gym. On Wednesday coaches will make first cuts. Players that make first cut are expected to continue their tryout on January 9th and 10th.
- Tryouts for 8th graders will be Thursday, January 9th and Friday, January 10th from 3:15-5:00.
- Teams will be announced on Friday, January 10th at the end of tryouts. Players that make the team will have their first practice on Monday,January 13th from 3:15-5:00. After the first practice their will be a mandatory parent meeting from 5:00-5:30.
- Players must attend tryouts to be evaluated for the teams. If a player can only attend one day then that is all the coaches will be able to evaluate them on.
B-Team – 6th graders and 7th graders. Games on Tuesday & Thursday. Practice Mon. & Wed.
· 8-game season. Practice begins 1/13. Last game 2/18.
A-Team – 77h graders and 8th graders. Games on Tuesday & Thursday. Practice Mon. & Wed.
· 8-game season. Practice begins 1/13. Last game 2/29.
Practice 3:15 – 5:00 1/13 – 1/16; Monday & Wednesday 3:15 – 5:00 remainder of season
Games on Tuesday & Thursday (B-team 4:30 tip-off, A-Team 5:45 tip-off)
- Players must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA throughout the season with no Fs in any classes.
- Players are expected to be able to commit to being at all practices and games.
DRMS has two teams
B-Team - 6th and 7th graders
A-Team - 7th and 8th graders
Practice will begin on Monday, January 13th (Monday - Thursday, 3:15 - 5:00). Our first game will be on Tuesday, January 21st. The last B-season game will be February 18th. The A-Team will have an end of season tournament that ends on Saturday, February 29th.
We will have practice every Monday and Wednesday (3:15 - 5:00) and games every Tuesday and Thursday (B-Team tip @ 4:30, A-Team tip @ 5:45). Players who try-out for the team are expected to make all practices and games (excluding the possibility of injury or illnesses).