Osuna Elementary School Comprehensive Counseling Program
Osuna Elementary School
Comprehensive Counseling Program
The vision of the Osuna Elementary School Comprehensive Counseling Program is for all students to depart empowered with the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve academic, personal/social, and career success. Our students reach their fullest potential as respectful, reliable, and productive citizens making a positive difference in a diverse and changing world.
The mission of the Osuna Elementary School Comprehensive Counseling Program is to advocate for an environment that supports high achievement for all students and decreases barriers to learning, allowing students to become effective learners, responsible citizens, and productive members of a global workforce. In collaboration with other educators, families, and communities, we provide proactive, preventative, and responsive services. Through the lens of academic, career, and personal/social development, we assist students in addressing the barriers that may interfere with learning and reaching their fullest potential.
· All children can learn in an environment that is safe, inclusive, caring, and supportive.
· All children are unique and should be treated with respect and dignity.
· Learning is a lifelong process, therefore all student are prepared for post-secondary success.
· Fostering a positive self-image is the collaborative effort of the school, home, and community which leads to responsible and productive citizenship.
· Every student needs appropriate personal and social skills to achieve optimum benefits from the educational program.
· A comprehensive school counseling program, delivered by a state-licensed, Masters-level, professional school counselor is not a support service but an integral part of the total education program.
· A developmentally appropriate school counseling program provides important benefits to individual students by addressing their intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and psychological needs.