9th Grade Counselor (class of 2022)
Welcome, Amazing 9th Graders & Parents/Families!
My name is Erin Reilly Stroka and I have the pleasure of serving as your school counselor for the Cibola High School 9th grade - Class of 2022 - this 2018-19 school year.
I look forward to getting to know you. This year we will be talking about your Dreams, Needs, and Abilities (your DNA). I am here to support you, your adjustment to high school, and your SUCCESS as a Cibola High School cougar! This will be a great year!
My professional focus is to inspire, motivate, and empower students to believe in themselves, find hope, and use their strengths to manage transitions, overcome barriers, and achieve their educational and career goals. I'm here to help support and improve student success and wellness. This aligns with our Cibola mission to MOTIVATE • EDUCATE • GRADUATE!
Please know that I care and am here to help.
How I can be of assistance:
If you ever have any needs, questions, or concerns, please contact me by
- email at Erin.Stroka@aps.edu (email is the best way to reach me) or
- telephone at 897-0110 ext. 40061.
I also welcome appointments to talk with you in-person.
- To schedule an appointment, please email me directly at Erin.Stroka@aps.edu .
- Please click on this site to check-out our Cibola Counseling Department Newsletter & Resources. This newsletter provides important about upcoming events, opportunities, deadlines, college representative visits, college fairs, scholarships, testing, credit recovery, counseling & community resources, & much more. This newsletter will be published every two months.
How can students meet with me?
To support academic success and avoid interrupting instruction, I am happy to meet with students:
- during their student lunch
- after school until 3:00pm
- during the school day with a teacher or counselor pass.
Office Hours & Location
During the school year, my office hours are 8:00am-3:00pm Monday through Friday.
My office is in the Counseling Department, located next to the Health/Nurse's Office on the 1st floor administration hallway.
Information & Resources
Remind 101 app
I will share helpful information and resources for students and parents using the free app called Remind 101.
Remind 101 will be especially helpful, as I serve over 500 students on my freshman caseload. I strongly encourage students and parents of the class of 2022 to please sign-up for Remind 101 to receive these updates by clicking here.
Information about my educational and professional background may be viewed by clicking on the 'Home/Welcome Page' button/drop-down menu at the top right of this screen. Also posted are many helpful resources, links, videos, and information on different pages available on this drop-down menu.
Here's to a GREAT freshman year! Welcome!
Telephone: 505.897.0110 ext. 40061
Remind 101: https://remind.com/join/estroka22
9th Grade Counselor Website:
CHS Counseling Department Website: http://cibola.aps.edu/counseling
CHS Counseling Department Newsletter & Resources
CHS Website: http://cibola.aps.edu/