2 Classes, 1 Garden
The mission of our "2 Classes, 1 Garden" project is to create hands on and inclusive learning experiences for the students of Dennis Chavez Elementary School.
Short Term Goals
- Fall 2018
- By Labor Day 2018, 5 raised garden beds will be built and have seeds and sprouts planted. Gardens are cared for by both Ms. Ward's and Mr. Sadler's class daily.
- Spring 2019
- Add another Inclusive Garden Plot for another Inclusion Team. (Primary grade.)
- Plant Spring plants. (All gardens)
- Herb garden with younger Early Childhood team.
- Add Flower pots to the classrooms with doors that face outside for another Inclusion Team.
- Fall 2019
- Add 2 more Inclusive Garden Plots with Inclusion Classrooms that is handicap accessible.
- Water Harvesting for our garden.
- Start a compost bin for the school to help with.
Garden Plot Layouts
Garden Gnome Mascot
Garden Bed #1 is built!
Thanks Caleb for helping build our Garden!
Paper Airplane Experiments
Garden Gnome Mascots
Teams work together to name come up with a Mascot for their garden plots.
Thank you to our sponsors and donors!
Anderson Family for building our garden 1st plot!