Mrs. Nguyen's Class of '19
Hello Seniors! This will be our new webpage:
- CALENDAR: scholarships, events, deadlines, & important dates. Click on the event/date. Look for "description". Click on link if available.
- ASSIGNMENT: Make sure to check your GOOGLE CLASSROOM every week for my assignments.
- GRADUATION CHECKLIST: Do not let "senioritis" get you! Graduate and move on!!!
- COLLEGE ASSESSMENT TESTS: Take at least one SAT or one ACT by December 2019!!!
- COLLEGE APPLICATION PROCESS: listed are steps involved; links provided.
- FINANCIAL AID PROCESS: listed are steps involved; links provided.
- SCHOLARSHIP ENGINES: choose an engine; complete questionnaires; engine will search for scholarships that best match you! For individually posted scholarships, go to: twitter.com/fremont_nguyen
Week 10/9: GOOGLE CLASSROOM - ASSIGNMENT #4: CAL STATE APPLY STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTION - Review what is required i.e. Social Security Info and parent Income Tax info. Have them ready for tomorrow 10/10.
Week of 9/24: GOOGLE CLASSROOM - ASSIGNMENT #3: FSA ID - Have your Social Security information ready for your workshop date.
Starting week of 9/10: Make appointment with me and your parent to discuss your academic graduation contract. GOOGLE CLASSROOM - ASSIGNMENT #2: SURVEY
Week of 9/3: GOOGLE CLASSROOM - ASSIGNMENT #1: Sign up for REMIND APP - ability to text me and receive announcements.
1. Graduation contract - parent/student/counselor conference
2. Must take semester finals to receive your final grades
3. Return all due library books, school materials...
4. No "F" grades on required courses by May 24, 2019!!
College Assessment Tests:
Take your college assessment tests by DECEMBER!!! Last day to register is in November.
College Application Process:
- Apply to CCC / CSU / UC / private colleges
a. Apply to EOP(S) [if applicable]
b. Use fee waivers or pay for application fees!
2. Open college portals for each college you applied to
3. Check the college portals at least once a week for:
a. additional required documents
b. college decisions: ACCEPT or DENIED
c. financial aid packages
4. Discuss best college options with family and advisors
5. Choose one to school to SIR (accept the school)
a. pay the deposit!
6. Check college portal for ORIENTATION registration
7. Check college portal for any ASSESSMENT (placement) TESTS
8. Don't miss your REGISTRATION (for classes) DATE & TIME
Financial Aid Process:
- Student FSA ID
- Parent FSA ID
- a. FAFSA (for U.S. citizens/eligible noncitizens)
b. CA Dream ACT (for non U.S. citizents/eligible noncitizens)
c. CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (for participating private colleges)
4. SELECTIVE SERVICES (males only)
5. WebGrants 4 Students: confirm college choice
6. a. Check college portals "TO DO" box for other required
b. Check college portals for your FINANCIAL AID PACKAGE.
- DECLINE any offers you don't want/need
7. Revisit WebGrants4Students: do the High School Graduation