Student WiFi Information
Sprint 1 Million Program for High School Students
Pomona USD has been selected as one of 10 schools/school districts to participate in Sprint’s newest initiative to support schools in moving towards becoming Future Ready. The Sprint hotspots will be free, including up to four years of data for students who qualify (3 GB LTE). The hotspots will have network filters in place to maintain CIPA compliance. Participating in the 1Million Project will allow PUSD to provide more equity and access to our low-income families, enabling them to thrive in a technology rich learning environment. In addition, the EdTech Team is working with Sprint to access hotspots through their ConnectEd initiative that will allow access to Internet-ready hotspots at our elementary and middle schools as well.
As PUSD moves to technology rich, digital learning, providing access and opportunity to the Internet for our students and families, beyond the school walls, will become a necessity.
High School Student Sprint Hotspot Information
Responsibilites of Student Useage:
- By signing the agreement you consent to using the device for educational purposes only.
- The hotspot comes with 3gb of 4g LTE data then throttles down to 256k.
- Do not use the hotspot at school, use the school’s WiFi instead (with school issued devices ONLY.)
- Internet content is filtered.
- School administration has the right to revoke the device, if they feel the need to, based on improper use.
- The device will need to be check-in & out at the beginning and end of the school year.
- You will keep device over summer.
- If the device has been lost or stolen please report it to your school.
- These devices will be tracked in the library system like a textbook. It is your responsibility to keep it safe, treat it like a textbook.
Hotspots are Still Available
Check with your schools library to see if you qualify for your very own personal Sprint 1 Million hotspot. The hotspot provides 3GB of 4G LTE data and when that is used up your connection will drop to a 2G LTE connection. Your 3GBs of data will replenish each month.
WiFi Resources for Students
This is a Google Map of public libraries and businesses that are advertising free WiFi in and around Pomona CA. Most have been verified and welcome students to their facilities. When visiting these establishments remember to follow all rules and be polite and kind to others. Use safe internet practices and be aware of your surroundings. Look for suspicious activity and never broadcast your personal WiFi in public settings.
Low-Cost WiFi Assistance for Students and Family
Sprint Parent Permission Form
Sprint Formulario de permiso para padres
Student Information Flyer
Sprint Information PDF
Low-Cost WiFi Information
PUSD & Sprint ConnectED Flyer