Enrolling/Registering a New Student at Valley Middle School of STEM
Please review the following required records we need you to bring to your registration appointment and then contact either Ms. Stock (A-L) or Mr. Bronson(M-Z) for an appointment (952)431-8300. If you would like to fill out the required paperwork ahead of time, you may download the forms at the right or stop in the main VMSS office for a registration packet.
Meet our counselors:
- A copy of the student's Birth Certificate. If you have lost or misplaced your student's birth certificate, contact the Dakota County Office of Vital Statistics at 651-438-4313. If your child was born out of state, contact a similar office in that state.
- For Special Education Students, we require a copy of the most current IEP and Evaluation Report. Our special education staff will need review this paperwork to determine appropriate placement.
- Proof of Residency - To verify your residence, we require official documentation of your name and household address. Common examples of this documentation may include: purchase or rental agreement, drivers license, gas or electric bill.
- Proof of Guardianship - If you are not the parent/s listed on the birth certificate but are a legal guardian, we will need a copy of legal documentation or a notarized Substitute Caretaker form.
- Immunization Requirements - Must be met per district policies and state laws. Please contact our school nurse, Mrs. Gallaher at 952-431-8300 for questions.
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure we receive the above records and to notify the student's previous school of your intent to enroll at Valley Middle School of STEM. Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions about our school or the registration process. We look forward to working with you and your child. Thank you!
General Information and Legal Forms:
- Request for Student Records
- Substitute Caretaker Form
- Counselor Information Form
- Free and Reduced Lunch Applicatio
- Student and Census Information
- Home Language Questionnaire
- Intradistrict Transfer Application (Request to transfer to VMSS from another ISD196 school)
- Open Enrollment Application (Request to transfer to VMSS from outside of ISD196)
Valley Middle School of STEM, 900 Garden View Drive, Apple Valley, MN 55124, Phone: 952-431-8300