Library Media Center
- 2 materials (books or magazines) can be checked out at a time.
- Items can be borrowed for up to two weeks.
- One item overdue? Students can still check out a second item.
- To promote a lifelong love of reading and learning
- To meet student needs for information, technology, and real-world relevance
- To provide a collaborative space for students to learn, research, and innovate
R.E.A.D. Club - Read, Enjoy & Discover Great Books!
Who can join: Any student at VMSS
How can I join: Sign up in the LMC with Mrs. Martin
When and Where: Every other month (dates are on the school calendar) during advisory
Who are the Advisors: Mrs. Martin, Mrs. Kump, Ms. Simser, Mrs. Erickson
What do we do: Hear booktalks, check out books, play literature related games and activities, meet new friends who like to read!
Special LMC Privileges for READ Club Members
- 6 book checkout limit
- opportunity to help with library sponsored events
- chances to help out in the LMC
- October 11 (6th & 7th Grades @ VMSS South)
- November 8 (8th Grade @ VMSS North)
- December 6 (6th & 7th Grades @ VMSS South)
- January 10 (8th Grade @ VMSS North)
- February 14 (6th & 7th Grades @ VMSS South)
- March 14 (8th Grade @ VMSS North)
- April 11 (6th & 7th Grades @ VMSS South)
- May 2 (8th Grade @ VMSS North)
Valley Middle School of STEM, 900 Garden View Drive, Apple Valley, MN 55124, Phone: 952-431-8300