Valley Middle School of STEM has partnered with BTD (out of Lakeville) to assemble our very own Fab Lab.
Fab Labs allow people and projects to be shared and nurture creativity.
Our current lab consists of:
- 2 computer-controlled laser-cutters
- for press-fit assembly of 3D structures from 2D parts
- for engraving on materials
- for vector cutting out materials
- 3 vinyl cutters, for making various masks and adhesive applications
- A larger (4'x8') numerically-controlled milling machine
- for making furniture- (and house-) sized parts
- for engraving and cutting wood and other materials
- 8 3D Printers
- for creating prototypes and testing designs before they make it to the production environment
- 1 3D Replicator/Scanner and 1 handheld Scanner
These items are creating quite the excitement for our students!
Valley Middle School of STEM, 900 Garden View Drive, Apple Valley, MN 55124, Phone: 952-431-8300