About FRMS Counseling Resources
As school counselors, our mission is to promote academic achievement, personal/social growth and career exploration to empower all students to reach their full potential.
Academic Achievement - Our counselors are available to work with students, parents and teachers to help students overcome possible barriers to academic achievement. Counselors also work with students and parents to ensure that registration and transition processes are easily understood and effective.
Personal/Social Growth - FRMS counselors are available to meet with students for both individual and group counseling. Counselors also coordinate and facilitate the FRMS Olweus Anti-Bullying Program. This includes weekly classroom meetings to help students with peer relationships and decision-making.
Career Exploration - Our counselors help students explore career paths by implementing classroom career lessons at each grade level using Naviance and Family Connections.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do Counselors Help?
- Counselors meet with students for individual and group counseling.
- Counselors help promote academic achievement and social growth.
- Counselors provide guidance curriculum in the classroom to enhance the learning process.
- Counselors help students establish personal growth and develop future career paths.
How Do Counselors Help Parents?
- Counselors help parents respond to the challenges of raising adolescents by providing information and support services.
- Counselors collaborate with parents and staff to address student needs.
- Counselors assist parents with interpreting assessment results.
- Counselors connect families to community resources.
How Are Students Referred?
- Students can make an appointment with their counselor directly.
- Students, parents and teachers can fill out a referral form and drop it off in the counselors confidential drop box in front of the the counselors offices.
- Parents can call or email the counselors to request a meeting with their child.
- The Stages of Dealing with Grief
- Children and Grief
- Grief and Loss
- Stages of Grief
- Helping Teenagers Deal with Grief
ALCOHOLISM IN THE FAMILY
CYBER BULLYING & CYBER SAFETY