Dakota Hills Middle School Site Council
Since Dakota Hills Middle School opened in 1989, site-based management has been part of its fabric. The site management philosophy is based on the idea that the people most affected by the decisions of a school should have a part in making those decisions. We believe that following this philosophy will help Dakota Hills better meet the challenges and educational needs of our students and better serve our school community.
Our Site Council consists of 3 staff members, 5 parents, 3 administrators and 1 support staff. The term of office is two years.
- Trevor Johnson, Principal
- Jim Roberts, Assistant Principal
- Melissa Tapper, Administrative Assistant
- John Stangl
- Heather Thaller
- Mark Stangl
- Kim Bowling, DHMS Clerical
- Stephanie Esser (Red Pine Elementary Parent)
- Kris Larsen-Kelly (Woodland Elementary Parent)
- Roger New (Northview Parent)
- Jenica Erbes Spoor (Glacier Hills Parent)
- Kate Glode (Pinewood Parent & DHMS Representative on the Superintendent’s Parent Advisory Group)
8th: Billy Alexander
8th: Stella Glode
All Site Council meetings take place in Conference Room D from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- Monday, September 25
- Monday, November 13
- Monday, January 22
- Monday, March 12
- Monday, May 7
Our Site Council’s duties are two-fold: advisory and decision making. The primary purpose of the Council is to determine what the school needs to make our students and teachers successful in the classroom. We cover areas such as curriculum, graduation standards, communication between school and home and parent involvement.
If you would like more information, please feel free to call DHMS at 651-683-6800.
Dr. T. Johnson, Principal