Tree & Shrub Service
- 1st Application - Spring Deep Root Fertilization is injected directly into the root system of all trees and shrubs on your property. This will help bring your trees and shrubs out of their dormant stage and give them a boost for the upcoming growing season.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th Applications - Insect/Disease Inspection and Treatment Every tree and shrub on your property will be inspected for existing and potential insect/ disease problems. These problems will then be treated with a foliar spray. We have designed three separate foliar sprays to treat the insects and diseases that are present at different times during the growing season.
- 5th Application - Fall Deep Root Fertilization is injected directly into the root system of all trees and shrubs on you property. These nutrients are essential in helping the trees and shrubs survive through our long winters and jumpstart their growth the following spring.
Why do my trees and shrubs need fertilization?
Trees and shrubs typically don’t get the amount of nutrients that they need to ourish and reach their maximum potential. Often trees and shrubs are planted in areas where there is too much competition for the nutrients found naturally in the environment. Inadequate rainfall, insufficient drainage, soil compaction, a lack of mulch (which helps retain moisture), and threat of disease are all common challenges that trees and shrubs face. By having fertilizer injected into the feeder roots you can help strengthen the overall health of your trees and shrubs, and improve the overall appeal of your landscape.
Why do my trees and shrub need Insect/Disease applications?
During the growing season your trees and shrubs face many different insect and disease threats. This can often promote disease to set in. We combat this by inspecting all the trees and shrubs at each application. After inspection we apply a systemic foliar spray, absorbed through the leaves and body of the plant, which treats any insects or diseases.
Tree and Shrub Problems
This list contains some of the most common insect and disease problems in Minnesota. Our program can provide control for the following problems.
Trees & Associated Insects or Diseases
- Ash: Ash Plant Bug
- Birch: Birch Leaf Miner
- Flowering Crab: Apple Scab
- Maple: Anthracnose
- Pine: Pine Needle Scale, Pine Saw y, Tip Blight
- Spruce: Spider Mites, Cytospora Canker
- All Trees: Anthracnose, Aphids, Fall Webworm, Fungal Leaf Spots, Gypsy Moth, Japanese Beetles, Leaf Hoppers, Powdery Mildews, Plant Bug, Tent Caterpillars
- Shrubs: Insect/Disease
- Arborvitae: Spider Mites, Aphids
- Spirea: Aphids
- Weigela: Plant Bug, Aphids
- Yew: Black Vine Weevil, Aphids
- All Shrubs: Anthracnose, Aphids, Fall Webworm, Fungal Leaf Spots, Japanese Beetles, Powdery Mildews, Tent Caterpillars
Our Commitment To Safety
Evergreen Lawn Service is committed to the health and safety of its employees, customers and the public, as well as the protection of the environment. All materials are applied in label recommended solutions. Treatments are applied by Trained, Licensed & Certified Applicators in Minnesota & Wisconsin.
Evergreen Lawn Service applications provide the advantage of professional handling and application of these materials. The names, concentrations and labels of all materials used are available upon request.