Why summer camp?
Children with learning challenges often fall behind in reading and math skills during the summer. We provide enrichment and support in order to retain and improve on these crucial skills so that students are ready to return to school in September. Additionally, we provide many hands-on learning opportunities, both academically and through field trips, to allow students to experience their world in a way that they would not otherwise have a chance to do.
Your child can expect:
- Academic support in literature and math
- Enrichment science and art classes
- Afternoons of fun featuring games, field trips, canoeing, and swimming
- Multisensory educational techniques implement by trained Academy teachers
- Concepts learned in the morning are reinforced during afternoon activities