Featured Roundtable Discussions
- Two representatives per AmCham Qatar Company Membership are welcome to attend free of charge.
- American Women’s Association (AWA)members are welcome to attend for QAR 100. AWA members will be required to show their membership card at registration to attend at this rate.
- For non-members the cost is QAR 200 and we are able to accept cash or company check payment.
- No media is allowed without prior approval from Lisa Saad, Executive Director of the American Chamber of Commerce in Qatar.
8:30 – 9:00 AM Networking and Light Breakfast
9:00 – 10:00 AM Presentation with Q&A
10:00 – 10:30 AM Networking
“Employing Expatriates in Doha: How to Set Them Up for Success”
Tuesday, April 16th ∞ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
Join us for this interactive roundtable discussion with Amelia Mathias, Chief of American Citizen Services at the US Embassy in Doha. Topics to be covered include:
- Financial Planning: What are some of the differences in the banking and legal system that may warrant additional consideration for financial planning?
- Conflict and Culture: What may be the best way to address cultural conflicts that arise in daily life?
- Contingency Preparation: How can you best prepare for an unplanned emergency?
- Death and Repatriation: What are the expectations when a member of your team passes away unexpectedly?
“The Business Impact of Marketing Your Personal Brand”
Tuesday, April 23rd ∞ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Please join us for this featured roundtable discussion led by Mahmoud Al Dwairi, Associate Director from Blue Rubicon, Qatar.
Topics to be covered include:
- Understanding the power of social networks in building your personal brand both online and offline, and how it can affect your company's image, value, market share, and influence.
- Learning how businesses are utilizing social media and other platforms to market CEOs and other management as part of their brand strategy.
- Exploring global best practices and case studies that can help them launch and grow your own personal brand.
Prior to joining Blue Rubicon in 2017, Mr. Al Dwairi worked with some of the largest organizations and brands in the region including Orange Telecomms (Jordan), LG (MENA), Zain Telecomms (MENA), Qatar Foundation, and Ooredoo. Mahmoud has solidified a regional presence by establishing himself as a subject matter expert and providing insights into the ever-changing social media sphere on Aljazeera News Channel and facilitating at number of conferences. In addition, he is the Social Media and Digital Consultant to the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy for the 2022 FIFA World Cup™.
Blue Rubicon is an award-winning strategic communications and public relations company, specializing in reputation management. Blue Rubicon is part of a wider network of 18 offices and strategic hubs employing over 700+ experienced consultants who offer world-class advisory and client service to the world’s largest and most complex organizations. They are well established in Qatar with a team of 23 experienced consultants.
This AmCham Qatar Member Only event will bring together our community in honor of
Ilona Shtrom, Senior Commercial Officer, U.S. Embassy, Doha
Ms. Shtrom has been a valuable AmCham Qatar Board Member and advocate for the U.S. business community. Her dedication to promoting the expansion of trade and investment between the United States and Qatar has been remarkable and she will be missed.
Event details regarding this event have been sent directly to AmCham member representatives.
Save the Date
Monday, June 10, 2019 ∞ Wednesday, June 12, 2019
The SelectUSA Investment Summit in Washington D.C. is the U.S. Government’s highest-profile event dedicated to promoting foreign direct investment (FDI) in the United States. This signature event provides an unparalleled opportunity to bring together companies from all over the world, economic development organizations from every corner of the nation, and other parties working to facilitate business investment in the United States. Hosted by Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and featuring senior government officials, C-Suite business, and other thought leaders, each summit focuses on the U.S. investment environment, industry trends and new opportunities. The Summit is for investors of all sizes--established multinationals, small and medium-sized enterprises and high-growth start-ups. If you are considering investment opportunities in the U.S, the SelectUSA Summit will help you find answers and opportunities efficiently, saving time and money. Last year’s Summit, brought together more than 3,000 high-caliber participants from 66 countries, including 25 from Qatar, as well as 51 U.S. states and territories.
For additional information, Click Here to download the flyer.