About Señora Aguilera
My name is Julee Aguilera. My husband and I have lived in Alvin for 13 years. We have 4 kids; 2 boys (9th and 6th grade) and 2 girls (4th and 1st grade). I have taught Spanish at Palacios HS, Friendswood Jr High and Dawson HS. This is my 10th year teaching Spanish and my 3rd year teaching at Alvin High School!
I graduated from Palacios High School in Palacios, TX. I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish at Austin College in Sherman, TX.
Supplies you'll need....
- A composition notebook (REQUIRED)
- A pen or pencil (REQUIRED)
- Glue stick or tape (recommended, not required)
- Scissors (recommended, not required)
DONATIONS: if you can donate to our classroom we need
- composition notebooks THANK YOU!!!!
1st period: Spanish
2nd period: Spanish
3rd period: Spanish
4th period: Spanish
6th period: Spanish
7th period: Spanish
No tutoring in the mornings
(I am often in my room mornings by 7 and after school until 3:20 but these are not official tutoring times. I can also be available other Power Hour times upon request. )
What to expect from me:
- I will provide a safe place for you to try something new
- I will care about you like I care about my own kids
- I will provide every opportunity for you to succeed if I see you are trying your best
- I will enforce school policies like
- Late work
What I expect from you:
- Be on time
- Turn in your phone daily
- Be prepared with your supplies
- Be ready to participate
- Be ready to give me your best
- Be ready to try something new
- Treat others and yourself with kindness and respect
We will use Google classroom this year in Spanish 1.
Students will “join” their classes at school.
- We will use computers periodically (laptops in class or in computer labs). It would be very helpful for students to have a set of earbuds/headphones that can plug into a computer (not bluetooth, not an iPhone charger style) as we sometimes do listening activities.
- We will use online resources that go with our textbook. Please see the Textbook page for more information.