All local scholarships should be typed and proof read. There are deadlines for a reason! Make sure your scholarship is turned in on time.
Due: April 2nd, 2019
Due: February 6th, 2019
Due: February 8th, 2019
Due: March 1, 2019
Due: April 1. 2019
Due: March 1, 2019
Due: April 24, 2019
Due: March 1, 2019
Due: Feb. 1, 2019 (paper copy outside counselor office)
Due: Feb. 15, 2019 to Mr. Potter
Due: April 5th, 2019 (girls only)
Oklahoma Rural Rehabilitation Corporations Scholarship (available in counselor's office) Due: April 11, 2019
AGEF Technical/Trade School Scholarship
This year the Alva Goldbug Education Foundation is offering a new scholarship for students planning to attend a technical college, technology center, or trade school. Student can apply by submitting a resume and cover letter explaining their future plans and goals. Deadline to apply is April 15th.
Alva Goldbug Education Foundation Scholarships
These need to be turned in to Mr. Potter
(These scholarships will be available by filling out an online application. You can complete one application for all of these AGEF scholarships. The application will be available January 15th and will close on March 14th.)
- Bill Crenshaw Memorial Scholarship – no application required. The recipient of this scholarship must be an active senior member of the Alva Baseball program (may be player, manager, scorekeeper, or any other actual participant in the baseball program) and must have been active in high school baseball for 2/3 of their high school years. Recipient must be a good student and maintain a 3.0 GPA or better.
- AGEF Memorial Scholarship - The Alva Goldbug Education Foundation created the memorial scholarship with gifts designated as memorials annually. The scholarship is awarded to a graduating senior of Alva High School. Please complete the application online, and turn the following statement in to Mr Potter. Addendum to AGEF Memorial Scholarship
- G. Omar Hill Football Award - no application required. The G. Omar Hill Football Award is presented to the senior player who best exemplifies the qualities of leadership, value to the team, and scholarship.
- Kenneth Thiesing Basketball Scholarship - no application required. This award is presented to a senior member of the Goldbug or Ladybug basketball team based on their basketball ability, citizenship, need, and scholarship.
- Employees of Community Bank Scholarship - Applicants must have graduated from Alva Middle School and attended all four years of high school at AHS. The scholarship is in the amount of $500.00. Award is based on 60% for GPA between 2.75 to 3.25; 20% for involvement in extracurricular activities; and 20% for student’s ability to work well and get along with other students and teachers. The scholarship is jointly payable to student and the college of the student’s choice. Please complete the application online, and turn the following statement in to Mr Potter. Addendum to Employees of Community Bank Scholarship
- Alva Goldbug Alumni Scholarship - This scholarship is made possible because of the efforts of the men and women who believe in the spirit of the Goldbug. They work hard and have a lot of fun sponsoring a golf tournament which funds this scholarship. This scholarship may be used at NWOSU for room, board, books, and tuition. Students with a GPA of 2.5 to 3.5 may apply. Students must have been active in sports for four years, going to NWOSU, and maintain a 2.0 GPA. Please complete the application online, and turn the following statement in to Mr Potter. Addendum to Alva Goldbug Alumni Scholarship
- AGEF Class of 64 65 66 Scholarship - This scholarship was established at the 50-year reunion of the Classes of 1964, 1965, and 1966. This legacy continues the support of excellence in education which has become the Goldbug standard. Applicant must by a graduating senior of Alva High School, must have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5. Preference will be given to a descendant of the classes of 1964, 1965, or 1966. Please complete the application online, and turn the following statement in to Mr Potter. Addendum to AGEF Class of 64, 65, & 66 Scholarship
- Long Family Trust Scholarship – This scholarship was established in 2015. Members of the Long family are legacy Goldbugs and lifetime supporters of excellence in education for students in Alva High School. Applicants must be graduating seniors of Alva High School, at least a 2.5 G.P.A., and be involved in 2 extracurricular activities. Please complete the application online, and turn the following statement in to Mr Potter. Addendum to Long Family Trust Scholarship
- Leota Brower McOsker Scholarship - To support continued education for students graduating from Alva High School. The scholarship may be used at the institution of higher learning of the student’s choice. Preference will be given to a student displaying a disability or special need, and/or a student intending to pursue a degree in special education, speech pathology, or any social service benefiting persons with special needs.
- Perry McOsker Memorial Scholarship – This scholarship is to support Alva High School seniors with their educational costs at college. This is a one time scholarship of $500. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5, and demonstrate financial need.
- Alva Hospital Authority Scholarship - The Alva Hospital Authority will offer a scholarship not to exceed $1,500 to an individual desiring to enter the medical field and who has at least a 2.75 GPA. A representative from the foundation’s committee at the spring senior awards assembly will announce the winner of this scholarship. The scholarship will be issued directly to the educational institution to be used for tuition and all related fees, room and board, books, and required material, and living expenses in that order. This scholarship will be paid the student’s junior year when prove of enrollment as a full-time student who has maintained a 2.5 cumulative GPA. Student must attend a 2- or 4-year college, university or career/technical school.
- Ed Brower Scholarship - The Ed Brower Scholarship is for Alva Senior men only. It is a $1000 award for fall and spring, renewable for 3 years or a total of eight semesters ($4000). Senior males with a minimum of 2.50 GPA are eligible to apply. The money will be given to the post-secondary institution (college or state accredited technology school) for the sole purpose of paying for tuition, books, fees, room and board or other related educational expenses. Student must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 and be enrolled full-time. A copy of grades and proof of enrollment each semester must be provided.
- Anne Lynn Brower Scholarship - Not available in 2019
Beeler Family Education Grant
This grant was established in 2017 by Bill and Linda Beeler. This grant is for graduating students of Alva High School, who have maintained a 3.0 GPA and exhibit leadership qualities. This is a one-time award of $200. Student must attend NWOSU. Submit a resume and an essay (one-page max) detailing life goals.
John Beeler Goldbug Football Grant
This grant was established in 2017 with memorial gifts honoring John Beeler. Members of the Beeler family are legacy Goldbugs. This grant is for the express intent of assisting a Goldbug football player with educational costs at NWOSU. Students must have maintained a 3.0 GPA and exhibit leadership qualities. Submit a resume and an essay (one-page max) detailing life goals.
Deidra Palmer was a member of the graduating class of 1988. Because her dream of obtaining a college education was tragically ended, her family has established this scholarship in her honor. Deidra had plans of attending NWOSU and majoring in either mass communications or journalism. Because of these desires, her family awards this scholarship to an Alva High School senior planning to attend NWOSU and majoring in mass communications or journalism or the scholarship may be awarded to another student who has a similar major no applicants declare a major in mass communications or journalism. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
This scholarship was established by Roger’s father, Leroy Hackler. Roger was tragically killed in an accident in 1979. The award is available to NWOSU only. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
This scholarship is a memorial to the Johnson's. To be considered, the applicant must be an AHS senior; make application through AHS; have at least a 2.5 GPA; and meet admission standards for NWOSU. Preference is given to the student with greatest need. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
Conrad and Cora Knox Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is in memory of Conrad and Cora Knox, former teachers in the Alva Public School system who were killed in a plane crash. The scholarship was established by family members and available to NWOSU only. Outstanding students in science and those planning to enter elementary education should submit a resume with cover letter explaining their science or education aspirations to the Counselor. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
This scholarship is given through Alva State Bank in honor of C.W. Wisdom. The value is $500.00 for two semesters for a total of $1,000.00 to NWOSU only. Recipient is selected based upon character, financial need, school activities, community activities, and scholastic achievements. All applicants must have a 3.0 GPA at the end of 7 semesters and be ranked in the top 60% of his/her graduating class. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
The local Household Executive Club wishes to make available to Alva High School Seniors a $100.00 scholarship to NWOSU to a boy or girl who has been outstanding in the either FFA or Home Economics. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
One scholarship of $1000 ($500 per semester) will be given to the selected. Applicants must be a graduate of Alva High School and demonstrate the desire to study for a health-related degree. Applicants must have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average based on a 4.0 scale. Recipient must attend NWOSU as a full-time student. Applications must contain the signature of the applicant and the signature of one parent or guardian. Presentation of the scholarship award shall be made during the end-of-school awards assembly and appropriate publicity shall be released at that time. The Wisdom Scholarship will be paid from the Northwestern Oklahoma State University Foundation. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
College of your choice scholarships:
This award is in the amount of $1,000 a year for four years for a total value per student of $4000! This award was established in the 1986-87 school term for Alva High School students. Ten seniors will receive the awards of $4,000 in 8 consecutive semesters for furthering their education. Guidelines set by a committee and the Share Board must be followed in order to receive money. Awards are presented at the Awards Assembly and not announced until that time. Students must have a 3.0 GPA to apply. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
This scholarship is students active in leadership roles in their school or community. Students will receive $500 for fall and spring semester for up to 4 years. NWOSU preference, but not required. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
This scholarship provided by the Holder children will be for students who show a need and are good average students. Students will receive $500 for fall and spring semester for up to 4 years. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
BancCentral National Bank of Alva offered for the first time in 2003 a $1000 ($500 each semester for one year) scholarship. Seniors must have a 3.0 GPA at the end of seven semesters of high school to apply. The selectee will be chosen based upon Character (25%), Scholastic Achievement (25%), Maturity (25%), and Concern for others (25%). The award may be used at the college, university or state-accredited vocational school of the selectee’s choice and may be used for tuition, books, fees, or room and board. The student must have a 2.75 GPA at the end of the first semester to get the award for the second semester. All students may apply including the dependents of bank employees. The bank will not make the selection. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
This scholarship is in memory of Billy Joe Melton. To be considered, the applicant must be a student at AHS with at least a 3.0 GPA and minimum 25 ACT score; must attend an accredited college or university; must complete the application (including a one page essay and three letters of recommendation), and must be enrolled in as a full-time student (at minimum 12 hours). The money will be given to the post-secondary institution for the sole purpose of paying for the tuition, books, fees, room and board or other related educational expenses. A copy of grades and proof of enrollment must be provided each semester. Student must maintain a 3.0 GPA to receive second payment. A student will be disqualified if the GPA is not met. This is a $1000 scholarship that is $500 per semester to be paid the student’s junior year. This application will close on March 14th.
The recipient of this scholarship is selected by a committee of Nescatunga members. Committee members will consider the following factors: achievements in the arts (visual art, music, writing, and drama), high school and community involvement in art and other activities as well as the thoroughness and attention given to preparation of the application. This scholarship should be typed and instructions should be carefully followed. Deadline for application is March 14th or next available school day.
A $200 cash scholarship for one school year will be awarded. The purpose of this scholarship is to promote the education of women. The applications are judged by the educational committee of Chapter E.T. , P.E.O. for above average scholastic achievement, courtesy, dependability, responsibility and high moral character. Financial need is not a consideration, but applicants who have all educational expenses paid through other scholarships and/or grants are ineligible. Senior girls are encouraged to take time to apply for this scholarship. Deadline March 14th.
Preference will be given to Key Club members; however, all seniors may apply. The $500 scholarship may be used at the college/university of the student’s choice and will be issued directly to the student winner in the fall of his/her junior year of post-secondary education by the Kiwanis Club of Alva upon request of Alva High School counselor. Application available now!! Deadline April 1st, 2019