- Does not use real numbers
- DOK 1
- Last question is DOK 2 but if you write it on paper... harder to give meaningful feedback.
- Not enough room to do work
- Collaboration: Nope
- Critical Thinking: Not really
- Creative Thinking: Nope, will get 30 of the same thing
- Clearly Communicates Ideas: Has a chance on the last problem
How do I put my worksheets into G Suite?
- How does technology allow me to interact better with students?
- How does tech allow for more empowering students to be more independent learners?
- What will the students be looking up?
- What decisions does the student make?
- How will students collaborate?
- What kind of feedback will they get?
- Will this provide feedback CONVERSATIONS?
- How can I avoid collecting 30 of the same thing?
- What do the students have to "figure out" rather than follow procedural steps?
- How does the tech collect data?
Increase the DOK
- Inquiry and Discovery.
- Analyze over Memorize.
- Give less directions.
- Have the students write the guided questions.
- Think puzzle "Strategic thinking" not "Follow steps."
- Make a claim and justify it.
- Value the process and journey not the result.
- Less of you. Stop doing the thinking for the students.
- TALK LESS.
- Start with students THINKING rather than copying.
- Copying is DOK 0
- Can they do the problem multiple ways? Can they represent it visually? Describe it? Teach it to others?
- Support with evidence, not just give the answer.
All content areas DOK levels 32802.pdf
4 Hess Snapshot Cognitive Matrix.pdf