Juan G. Roederer
After 37 winters in Alaska, enjoying the Colorado sun!
Roederer, J. G. and S. Lejosne (2018): Coordinates for Representing Radiation Belt Particle Flux. J. of Geoph. Res. Space Physics, 123, doi:10.1002/2017JA025053
Roederer, J. G. (2017): Pragmatic Information in Quantum Mechanics, in What is Quantum Information? O. Lombardi, S. Fortín, F. Holik and C. López, editors, Cambridge University Press. See also: arXiv[physics.hist-ph], http://arxiv.org/abs/1512.05651
Roederer, J. G. (2016): Electromagnetic Snacks (in Spanish--click here), published in Anales de la Asociación Física Argentina, Vol. 27, Nr. 4, (134-143).
Roederer J. G. (2016): Pragmatic information in biology and physics, Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A 374: 20150152
Lejosne S. and J. G. Roederer (2016): The “zebra stripes”: An effect of F region zonal plasma drifts on the longitudinal distribution of radiation belt particles, J. of Geoph. Res. Space Physics, 121, doi: 10.1002/2015JA021925.
Electromagnetismo Elemental (425 pages, in Spanish),
By Juan G. Roederer, EUDEBA, Buenos Aires (2015).
Fe de Erratas (click here)
Dynamics of Magnetically Trapped Particles--Foundations of the Physics of Radiation Belts and Space Plasmas,
For a preview of style and approach, see draft of the book's Appendix 1,
"What you should know about B but maybe forgot" (click here).
Juan G. Roederer, Physics and Psychophysics of Music, 4th edition, Springer-Verlag, New York (2008).
For the text of the introductory first chapter, click here.
Juan G. Roederer, Information and its Role in Nature, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg (May 2005).
For details, enter the title in Amazon.com
Readers are encouraged to download the author-prepared (and regularly updated) list of errata.
Juan G. Roederer, Mecánica Elemental, EUDEBA, Buenos Aires (2002, in Spanish).
My tenure as the Director of the Geophysical Institute (1977-1986), a brief personal account
Oral history interview on my tenure as Vice Chairman and Chairman of the US Arctic Research Commission (1985-1991)
Early cosmic ray research in Argentina (1949-1959), a personal account (Physics Today, January 2003, available at http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/magazine/physicstoday/article/56/1/10.1063/1.1554134
For a Spanish version (click here)
Publications of Interest
- Valeria Troitskaya and East-West Scientific Cooperation during the Cold War: A Personal Account. Contribution to a book on Valeria Troitskaya, published in Moscow (2012), edited by Katherine Heirtzler, daughter of Valeria Troitskaya.
- Neurobiological Foundations of Religion and Science, in Seckbach and Gordon, eds., Divine Action and Natural Selection: Questions of Science and Faith in Biological Evolution, World Scientific Publ. Co. (2008).
- Biological Conditions for the Emergence of Musical Arts in a Civilization of Intelligent Beings (Chapter in Between Worlds, D. Vakoch ed., MIT Press, 2008)
- When and where did information appear first in the Universe? (Chapter in Bioinformatics, J. Seckbach, ed., Kluwer Academic Publ., 2004)
- On the Concept of Information and its Role in Nature (Entropy, Vol. 5, 1-31 (2003), available at www.mdpi.net/entropy/papers/e5010003.pdf)
- On the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (Physics Today, September 2001).
- Communicating with the Public, Politicians and the Media (published by COSTED)