Mapping a personal story of social-ecological change
About this Learning Activity
- Climate change influences our lives.
- What changes have I observed in my own life that may be related to climate change?
NGSS themes addressed:
- Practices- Developing models, communicating information
- Cross-cutting concepts- Stability and change, Patterns, Cause and effect
- Disciplinary core ideas- LS2.A: Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems; ESS2&3: Earth’s systems, Earth and Human Activity
Culturally-Responsive Curriculum Standards Addressed:
- A. Integrity of cultural knowledge that students brings with them
- E. Local knowledge and actions in a global context
The video below explains the assignment for visual and auditory learners and provides a few examples:
Mapping Personal Change SIGNs FINAL.mp4