APRIL 26-28, 2019, Slave Lake, Alberta
INVITING ALL JUNIOR FOREST WARDEN FAMILIES!!
We have planned a full weekend JFW Conference to be held in conjunction with the Annual General Meeting located at the Slave Lake Inn and Conference Centre, 1200 Main Street, South, Slave Lake
This promises to be a very engaging, educational and entertaining event for all members of the JFW family.
See the program highlights (click to open):
- Full adult registration
- Friday-Sunday including 2 nights accommodation, 3 meals on Saturday and breakfast Sunday $145
- Sat - Sun adult registration
- Saturday-Sunday including 1 night accommodation, 3 meals on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday $120
- Saturday adult program only with lunch(no evening banquet or accommodations) $25
- Adult programming and meals for full weekend (no accommodation) $70
- AGM and lunch only (free, but please register!) no cost
- Full Warden (6-18 yrs) registration
- Friday-Sunday including 2 nights accommodation, 3 meals on Saturday and breakfast Sunday $90
- Sat - Sun Warden registration
- Saturday-Sunday including 1 night accommodation, 3 meals on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday $65
- Saturday Warden program only with lunch (no evening banquet or accommodations) $20
- Saturday evening banquet ONLY (13 yrs+) $35
- Saturday evening banquet ONLY (6-12 yrs) $20
- Warden programming and meals for full weekend (no accommodation) $50
- Wanderers (under 6 yrs - free, but please register!) no cost
Note: The hotel will charge a deposit on arrival (refundable on departure)
Highlights of the Conference will be.......
- Friday Evening - arrive get settled and reconnect with friends!! Registration starts at 4 pm.
- Saturday morning - AJFWA Annual General Meeting
- Wardens - Full day of educational and fun sessions! Lots to sign up for!
- Great Instructors and a fantastic line-up of programs from
- Adults - morning and afternoon of inspirational sessions.
- "Red Shirt" Saturday Evening Banquet 5:30
- Volunteer Recognition Awards!
- Family Movie PG Pajama Party 8:30 Saturday evening
- Silent Auction (request of 1 homemade or gently used item applicable to the JFW program, please bring something you yourself would be excited to bid on) 4:30 - 7:30 Saturday
- JFW Expo Saturday 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm Rubble Road will be selling Soapstone kits!
- Sunday - pack up and head home
AJFWA Policy on Mileage Expenses: To help offset some of the financial burden of travel to the 2019 Spring Conference and AGM, attendees with clubs in good standing, operating their own vehicles, will be able to claim the expense of travel outside a 300 km radius for the event. AJFWA will reimburse mileage over 600 km, round trip, at a rate of $0.25/km. This is geared to encourage attendance from our members that have significant distances to travel by “levelling the field” with the centrally-based clubs. We also encourage carpooling wherever practical.
Things to bring
- Silent Auction Item - wow us with your creativity!
- Red Uniform Shirt
- Money for Silent Auction
- Pajamas for movie night
- a dozen cookies or squares to share at movie night (no peanuts please)
- water bottle
- credit card for incidental room charges
Check back regularly for updates. Session signup online will open soon!
Registration now open!
You will receive an email regarding Session Signup.
This will be done on our NEW commercial website (You get to be the first to try it out!)
Program Schedule (Click to open in new tab):
The 2019 AJFWA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
will be held at the Slave Lake Inn and Conference Centre on April 27, 2019 during the Spring Conference!
Meeting started at 12:00 noon, with lunch provided.
This is a Red Shirt occasion!
All adult members in good standing (Club and Alumni) have voting privileges and the meeting is usually about 1.5 hours long. In order to be able to participate fully in discussions, Members in attendance are asked to read the Reports prior to the AGM. Reports can be viewed from the website below; including the document containing the multiple Proposed Bylaw Amendments, so please take the time to check back and review this material, as it becomes available.
All reports will be posted to the website at least 15 days in advance of the General Meeting.