Pharma Career in Ticino
Internships in Ticino offered by Farma Industria Ticino
Make a study and/or work experience in Ticino
In cooperation with
- 15 January 2019, Career Chat @ ETH Zurich
- 5 February 2019, Life Science Day @ ETH Zurich
- 15 May 2019, Life Science Day @ Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV)
Open up to new horizons!
The pharmaceutical industry invests in Ticino, creates jobs and trains the workforce.
- the workforce need is increasing
- global salaries of 255 million francs
- interesting work conditions
- over 2'900 employees
- a total annual turnover of 2.45 billion francs
- investments in Ticino of 500 million francs
Pharmaceutical cluster of international significance, Ticino also means quality of life
Marco F. D’E. is a young student of the ETH Zurich that - during the time between the discussion of his master's thesis and the beginning of his doctorate (also at ETH) - did a 1 month internship in the chemical laboratories of Zambon SA, shadowing the Responsible during the project "Quaderno Elettronico" ("Electronic Notebook").
"I got the opportunity to appreciate the practical side of the pharmaceutical industry and its internal dynamics. It was a very positive and new experience compared to the theoretical concepts developed at ETH".
After graduating in Switzerland, Rebecca decided to attend the University of Exeter (UK) and today she's at first year of Law school. Rebecca did a 1 month internship in the legal department of Helsinn Healthcare SA.
"The internship experience was very satisfying because it gave me the opportunity to implement what I learned at the university. It was very useful for understanding both the role of the legal team inside a pharmaceutical company and the complexity tied to contracts".