Airdrie Peer Support
Airdrie Professional Firefighters Association | Airdrie Fire Department
Airdrie Firefighters are supported by a group peers who are certified through the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation to provide Peer Support through Critical Incident Stress Management. Currently the team is made up of 10 members who are members of the Alberta Critical Incident Response Network.
This webpage exists to provide members of Local 4778 access to their Peer Support Team and other resources to support mental health.
Looking for the info at the end of your email?
Peer Support Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone numbers and individual emails: www.airdriefirefighters.com/peersupport
Health information can be found on our website;
But your 2 primary emergent best points of access to mental health assistance outside of 9-1-1 are:
- We have established a relationship with WGM Psychology (located in Calgary) thanks to support from the Calgary Firefighters Association. WGM will see our members in 24-48hrs from the time we request for you to be seen. To access this resource, you can contact ANY PEER SUPPORT TEAM MEMBER to get yourself an appointment here in 24-48hrs or call in yourself to book for a future date.
- Employee Assistance Program(FSEAP) (24/7) (http://www.fseap.ca)
- 1.800.661.8246 - When you call this number, you will get a menu of 3 options - Listen carefully as you will always be able to speak to someone immediately - depending on the time of day which # this is will change.
WGM Psychology visits can be covered by the EAP PROGRAM. Peer Support can walk you through this process. FSEAP will cover 5 appointments to start, and the Association will also provide support when all other grants are exhausted. If financing for you or your family is ever a problem in any aspect for this, please speak to a member of your elected Board or the Peer Support Team as we sometimes have access to programs that you may not be aware of.
In addition to those two we also have:
3. Calgary Counselling Centre• 403.691.5991 (24/7)
4. Calgary Distress Centre• 403.266.HELP (4357) (24/7)
More info is on our website, and is updated as information changes or new information becomes available.
If you have any questions about managing mental health issues, please reach out to your union steward or any member of the department who you are comfortable with.