German Research Chair of Mathematics with specialization in Data Science
AIMS South Africa Research Centre | 6 Melrose Road | Muizenberg | Cape Town 7945 | South Africa
+27 (0)21 787 9339 (Work) | +27 (0)71 141 6579 (Cell) | bubacarr [at] aims [dot] ac [dot] za
- 03/12/2018: The Large-scale optimization course of the Theoretical Foundations of Data Science programme kicks-off at Wits.
- 26/11/2018: SEAMS kicks-off!
- 20/11/2018: Chair organises a Data Science session at SAMSA 2018 in Botswana, slides, photos
- 12/11/2018: Visitor - Dr. Olivier Pamen, German Research Chair in Mathematics and its Applications at AIMS Ghana
- 02/11/2018: Visitor - Dr Marc Sedjro, German Research Chair for Applied Mathematics at AIMS Tanzania
- 15/10/2018: Visitors - Dr Peter Jung, Stephan Waeldchen, and Osman Musa from TU Berlin
- 15/10/2018: Visitor - Dr Hans-Georg Zimmermann from Fraunhofer IBMT, and AIMS Associate Research Fellow
- 09/09/2018: Deep Learning Indaba 2018 kicks off
- 04/09/2018: PhD Opening in Communications and Information Theory (with Chair's collaborators) at CommIT, TU Berlin
- 02/07/2018: July Workshop of the 2018 Theoretical Foundations of Data Science kicks off
- 04/06/2018: Call for application to DAAD funded PhD–Study at AIMS South Africa under Chair's supervision. Deadline: June 18
- 16/04/2018: Chair looking for interest in NRF Freestanding, Innovation & Scarce Skills Postdoctoral Fellowships 2019. Applicants must apply on the NRF Online Submission System.
- 09/04/2018: AIMS Data Science Workshop 2018 kicks-off.
- 09/04/2018: Workshop 1 of Theoretical Foundations of Data Science Doctoral School 2018 kicks-off.
- 04/04/2018: SANUM 2018 kicks-off.
- 31/03/2018: Visitor - Prof Holger Rauhut, Head of Chair C for Mathematics (Analysis) and Head of Mathematics Department, RWTH Aachen University
- 26/03/2018: Chair organizes a Humboldt-AIMS event at NEF to showcase work of German Research Chairs in the AIMS Network.
- 19/03/2018: Data to Quantum Workshop organized under the Quantum Leap Africa project in AIMS Rwanda in Kigali kicks-off.
- 05/03/2018: AIMS Data Science Workshop 2018 application open, see here.
- 12/02/2018: Chair co-organizes the Data to Quantum Workshop at AIMS Rwanda in Kigali.
- 12/02/2018: Chair visits Prof Kasso Okuodjou, and attends FFT2018 at University of Maryland, College Park.
- 20/01/2018: Chair hosts a special issue on Recent Developments in Signal Approximation, in Frontiers in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Section of Mathematics of Computation and Data Science (Co-associate Editor: Jean-Luc Bouchot, RWTH Aachen).
- 02/01/2018: First workshop of Theoretical Foundations of Data Science Course moved to April, call re-opens, see here.
- 22/12/2017: Call for Postdoctoral fellowship in Data Science at AIMS South Africa re-opens, see here.
- 21/11/2017: Applications open for Theoretical Foundations of Data Science Course.
- 30/10/2017: Chair and Prof Nongxa (Wits) won a DHET Teaching Development Grant for Theoretical Foundations of Data Science. Read more
- 19/10/2017: Other openings for MSc, PhD and postdoc available. Send inquiries to here.
- 19/10/2017: Call for Postdoctoral fellowship in Data Science at AIMS South Africa is out. Read more.
- 17/10/2017: Chair organizing a session on Data Science at SANUM 2018. Contact Chair if you would like to give a talk.
- 16/10/2017: Visitor - Prof Kasso Okuodjou, Associate Head of the Dept. of Mathematics, University of Maryland, College Park
- 21/09/2017: Chair attended Executive Machine Learning conference and training in Johannesburg
- 15/09/2017: Chair took part in a panel discussion at the Deep Learning Indaba. Videos & slides
- 06/08/2017: Chair gave an invited talk at SPIE conference at San Diego in the session on Wavelets and Sparsity XVII. Slides
- 01/08/2017: Chair visited the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences and Center for Data Science at NYU
- 01/06/2017: Chair visited German collaborators in TU Berlin and RWTH Aachen
- 22/05/2017: Data Science Workshop kicks-off. Schedule, Slides
- 15/04/2017: Chair visited the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences and Center for Data Science at NYU
- 15/04/2017: Deep Learning Indaba planning launched Read more
- 13/03/2017: Chair took part in the Planning Workshop of Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) at AIMS Rwanda in Kigali
- 27/01/2017: Data Science Workshop planning launched Read more
- 23/01/2017: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Postdoctoral Fellowship in Data Science. Read more
- 23/11/2016: German Research Chair gave a plenary talk at the Southern Africa Mathematical Sciences Association Annual Conference (SAMSA 2016). Read more
- 17/11/2016: Bubacarr arrived in Cape Town to take up the German Research Chair position at AIMS-South Africa. Read more