All meals on our menu are prepared in our kitchen daily, using fresh, local ingredients.
We have a very high number of families opting for our catering team to prepare their child's meals on a daily basis. We believe this to be because of our unique approach to school dinners. Our pupils have a say in what goes on our menu, they sometimes grow vegetables for use in the dinners and they have the option to select 'grab-bags' or a hot dinner each day and the pupils feed back their thoughts about our hot dinners to the academy council team on a regular basis.
AUTUMN TERM 2020:
Westerings is home to pupils and staff with severe (sometimes life-threatening) allergies to nuts. As such, we ask that parents do not send their child to school with products which contain nuts. Thank you.
Meals are just £2.20 a day (for KS2 pupils) and are payable in advance. Please contact the office for further details or visit parentpay.com to make a dinner payment.
Still wish to pay by cash? You can! Simply collect your unique barcode from the main office and make cash payments to your child's account at any of these local PayPoint shops:
Chelmsford-Star Co-Op (Hawkwell)
The Co-Operative Food (Hockley)
Hockley Food & Wine (Hockley)
Any Paypoint outlet nationally!
To find your nearest PayPoint retailer, visit the Paypoint website here.
NOTE: You may be entitled to free school meals for your KS2 child! All it takes is an application form and certain qualifying criteria. Any information provided to us as part of this application is stored confidentially in our school office. Other pupils and parents are unaware of which pupils are receiving FSMs.
Even should you not opt for free-lunches (providing your child with a packed lunch instead), if you are eligible and complete the relevant paperwork, it generates significant additional funding for our school. So if you think you qualify, but want to offer your child a home-prepared meal, you could still be supporting your child and the school by completing the necessary paperwork... See Mrs Evans in the academy office for more information.
DID YOU KNOW:
- All our burgers, meatballs and chicken nuggets are homemade
- We make our own bread and is available at every meal
- All meat is from local butchers
- Most food is cooked freshly on site
- All kitchen staff undergo Food and Safety training
- Every day we offer yogurt and fresh fruit as an alternative to the main dessert
- Fresh water is available on every table
- Milkshakes have no additives or artificial flavourings
- We have a salad cart - each and every day
- Our pasta sauces are made from vegetables
- All sauces are home made
- All cakes and cookies are home made
- Milk products are always available (e.g. custard).