Security and Child Protection
The Designated Lead for Child Protection and Safeguarding is the Principal, Mrs Atay. In her absence, Mr Stainsbury (Vice Principal) takes responsibility as Lead Person. Mr Towler (Assistant Principal) and Mrs Coles (SENDCo) are also able to take responsibility, if necessary.
A link to our current Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found above ('Key Information' tab). This is regularly updated, to reflect guidance in 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. The Academy works with Essex Safeguarding Children Board.
The academy has secure external fencing to its perimeter. Additional internal fencing ensures the safety of children whilst on the school premises. There are 16 CCTV cameras on the academy site which operate 24 hours a day. Our best security device remains the ears and eyes of the people who work at the academy.
An automated barrier to the academy premises ensures agreed access only. Academy gates are opened at 8.40 a.m. and 3.10 p.m. Teaching Staff man the Main Gate and key positions around the entry areas at 8.40am. The gates are closed prior to 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. Access at all other times are by intercom system only.
- No external classroom doors around the academy have handles on the outside. Doors can be locked from the inside.
- Entry systems have been installed on the two main entrance doors. Access can only be gained by staff, or by buzzing, when entry will then be given.
- A ‘signing-in’ system is in operation for all visitors and parent helpers to the academy, who are required to wear identity stickers.
- All regular visitors/parent helpers/governors in the academy are DBS checked.
- All professionals have to provide identification.
- When the academy is closed, there is an extensive alarm system in place which alerts the keyholder.
- All staff wear badges to enable them to be identified.