A warm welcome to the new Utterby Primary Academy website.
Part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), Utterby Primary Academy is a small rural school on the outskirts of the village of Utterby, on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds, which offers a truly unique educational setting.
We are hard-federated with North Thoresby Primary Academy and together we offer our pupils rich and exciting learning opportunities that help them to achieve and develop, and inspire them to do their very best.
We want our children to leave us as confident and respectful young people, equipped with the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in their lives ahead. We aim to provide children the benefit of a creative approach to learning, acquiring the key attributes of independence and resilience; in a school at the heart of the community, maintaining the traditions and values of the local area, whilst allowing pupils the opportunity to be forward thinking and globally aware.
Not only do we aim to offer high quality academic provision for all, but also deliver a wide range of opportunities in sport, art, music, drama and more. We have a growing pastoral and nurture support programme and we are always looking to work with parents to improve standards and expectations for all our pupils.
If you are interested in joining our school community we would encourage you to visit at any time to see our whole school and discover why our school is a wonderful place for your children.
Mr Tom Hawkins - Executive Headteacher
To Make Our Best Better
As a team we provide an exciting, creative and stimulating environment and at the same time develop a safe, secure base in order to promote confidence and self-esteem.
We will continue to provide challenging and enjoyable learning opportunities that nurture happiness, individuality, respect and a desire to learn for life.
Our ethos is to ensure opportunities for everyone to be the best they can.
Our Values -
Through example, we instil in our children the need to:
· value ourselves as individuals
· value others for themselves, not just for what others have done or what they can do for us.
· value families as sources of love and support for all their members in our society.
· value the environment as the basis of life and a source of wonder and inspiration.
Our Aims -
We aim to:
- recognise and respect people as individuals and provide a curriculum that takes account of different learning skills.
- always have high standards and aspirations through the use of challenging targets.
- promote communication between all stakeholders and continue to play an active part in the community.
- through positive praise, nurture a feeling of success and develop a sense of pride in ourselves, the school, our work and the community.
- help children to co-operate, to contribute positively and to feel valued.
- be a friendly, happy place where everyone feels valued and welcomed and where people want to be and learn.
- strive to be the best we can.
- ensure all questions and views are listened to and respected.
- help our children develop lively, enquiring and imaginative minds and be engaged and enthused in their own learning.