Unity City Academy is an inclusive community that develops young people into confident, well informed citizens who understand their responsibilities in the community. We embrace the multi-cultural, multi-faith and increasingly diverse nature of the United Kingdom. We play a vital role in ensuring that everyone in the academy feels valued and that no-one is subjected to discrimination, intimidation or radicalisation.
We are dedicated to preparing students for their adult life and promoting British Values to all our students. Our students experience a wide range of opportunities, actives and events that allow them to develop an understanding of British Values and they will also study some aspects of Modern British life in PSHE and Humanities.
We strive to:
- enable our students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence;
- enable our students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England;
- encourage our students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely;
- enable our students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England;
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling our students to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures;
- encourage respect for other people;
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.
At Unity City Academy we are proud to be British and to uphold the British Values of mutual respect, tolerance of different faiths and beliefs, democracy, individual freedom and the rule of law.