- A standard equivalent to a GCSE grade C/ grade 4 in mathematics and English to teach at secondary level
- A standard equivalent to a GCSE grade C/ grade 4 in mathematics and English and science to teach at primary level
Essex Teacher Training will make the final decision on whether you meet this entry criteria – if you don’t, they may ask you to sit a GCSE equivalency test, or offer other evidence to demonstrate your attainment.
- You need a degree to gain qualified teacher status (QTS)
- On postgraduate courses, the class of your degree may help to determine the level of funding you could receive
- If you have overseas equivalent qualifications, you will need to check with Essex Teacher Training to check on eligibility. If you are a non-EU national you could receive a tax-free bursary of £25k to train as a teacher.