Students are given Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) to help them plan their choice of pathway, as well as being supported to enter the world of work or higher education. TTC is committed to providing a programme of careers education in Years 7 to 13 and to give all students access to independent careers information and guidance. Our aim is for students to identify the most appropriate pathway through their education in order for them to reach their future goals.
The Careers Strategy sets out that every secondary school should use the following Gatsby Benchmarks to develop and improve careers’ provision:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Following the Government’s expectation, the College is committed to work towards the benchmarks and meet them by the end of 2020.
For more information please contact:
Miss A Ablett, Careers Leader. Telephone: 01255 672116; Email: email@example.com
Mrs H Gleave, Careers Guidance Officer. Telephone: 01255 672116; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Evaluation of IAG Provision
We measure and assess the impact of our careers programme through student, parent and provider evaluations following individual events.
We really appreciate feedback on our IAG provision at TTC. If you are a student, parent or employer and would like to give us some feedback on our Provision Map, please email Miss A Ablett, Careers Leader. Telephone: 01255 672116; Email: email@example.com
Date for next review of careers information: October 2019
Meet the Team
Miss K Martin
Associate Assistant Principal - IAG SLT Link
Miss A Ablett
Mr G Wicks
Head of Sixth Form
Curriculum Leader PSHE
Mrs H Gleave
Careers Guidance Officer
Miss S Szymanska
Sixth Form Director of Pathways and Progression
- Where can I get help choosing my KS4 Pathways?
- Where can I get help choosing the right courses for me to study in the Sixth Form?
- Where can I get help applying for an apprenticeship?
- Where can I get general careers advice?
- Can the college help me arrange Work Experience (WEX) that will help me with my future career?
- Who can I get careers advice from in college?
- When can I leave school?
- What should I do if I do not get the GCSE results I expected?
- What should I do if I do not get the A-Level results I expected?
- Where can I get help writing my CV or letters of application?
- How can I improve my Employability Skills?