Students are given Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) to help them plan their choice of courses aged 14 and 16, as well as being supported to enter the world of work or higher education. We provide students with a range of careers lessons in PHSE and tutor time from Year 7 to 11. This includes using the Kudos software to help students make future choices and preparing an Employability for Life portfolio of their achievements.
Each year group have conferences that help students to reflect on their strengths so that they can make informed choices about what they wish to study at key decisions points (Year 9, Year 11 and Year 13). Our aim is for students to identify the most appropriate pathway through their education in order for them to reach their future goals.
Meet the Team
Mr G Byford
Mr J Tharp
Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) Leader
Mr T Paternoster
Director of Sixth Form
Curriculum Leader PSHE
Mrs H Gleave
IAG Admin Support
Miss H Read
Careers Guidance Officer
Ms E Bielecka
Work Related Education Assistant
Miss S Szymanska
Sixth Form Director of Pathways and Progression
- Where can I get help choosing my KS4 Pathways?
- Where can I get help choosing the right courses for me to study in the Sixth Form?
- Where can I get help applying for an apprenticeship?
- Where can I get general careers advice?
- Can the college help me arrange Work Experience (WEX) that will help me with my future career?
- Who can I get careers advice from in college?
- When can I leave school?
- What should I do if I do not get the GCSE results I expected?
- What should I do if I do not get the A-Level results I expected?
- Where can I get help writing my CV or letters of application?
- How can I improve my Employability Skills?