Communicating with you is an important part of what we do, making sure you get the correct information about activities, events and school news that really matters is something we care about.
The college has changed to a new communications provider to replace the existing system School Gateway. All our future messages will be sent via the new provider Xpressions, a school communication system. This will enable you to receive all your communications from school quickly and reliably.
Xpressions is a free service that lets users receive messages from their school. Users can access their account either via the app or from the website.
All users can also access their Xpressions accounts via the website: xpressions.groupcall.com from an up to date internet browser.
How to access Xpressions/Groupcall with the Xpressions app
The school will use the email address and mobile number that we hold for the Priority contact(s) in our school database. If you are not certain that we have your correct details, please contact the school. The app is FREE to download and use.
The set-up process is simple and will take no more than a couple of minutes
- Search for “Xpressions” in the Apple App Store/Google Play or on your smartphone
- Install the app and if you are asked then say yes to “Allow Push Notifications”
- Parents need to enter the email address your school has stored for them. They will then need to tap Next.
- Parents will also be asked to enter their mobile number and then click next. This needs to be the mobile number that your school has stored for them in the Mobile number field in your MIS.
- You will receive a 6 digit code via SMS (text message). You will need to enter this code on screen and tap Login. If you have any difficulty receiving a code after a short period of time, they will see the option to Resend Code. Should you continue to experience any difficulty, ensure the email and mobile number you are trying to use matches the records of Tendring Technology College. If you continue to have difficulty with Xpressions, please contact the dedicated Parent Support team at Groupcall: parents.groupcall.com.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to set a 4 digit passcode. It is strongly recommended to complete this step so that you can stay logged into the app while ensuring your accounts remain secure. If you think that your passcode has been compromised you can log out of the app completely. Upon logging back in, you can set a new 4 digit passcode.
As soon as you’ve got the system set-up, all of the text messages we send you will appear in the app; you’ll receive notifications/alerts as normal.
How to access Xpressions/Groupcall without the app
The setup process is almost identical if you choose to use the website instead of the app. The main difference is that you won’t be asked to set a 4 digit passcode before you get logged in.
1) To set up a parent account via the website, parents need to visit groupcall.com.
2) Click Login to display the email field.
3) From the right, the parent needs to enter the email address stored for them in the school’s MIS, then click Next.
4) Parents will then need to enter the mobile number stored for them in your school’s MIS. Then click Next.
5) Once they have received their 6 digit code, enter this on the page and click Login.
6) Parents will then be asked to create a password.