SMHW Parent Guide
Logging in to Show My Homework as a parent
As a parent, you should receive a login letter from us with your parent code. You will need to use this code to create your Show My Homework parent account.
If you have already created your account, you can log in via any computer, or on your mobile device, using your email address and password.
Sign up or create another account
To create your account you will need your login letter showing your parent code. This code can be used to create more than 1 parental account. Please note that codes will expire for security reasons.
The letter should also have instructions on how to create your account. These instructions can be found below:
Sign up via the website
- Visit Show My Homework's sign up page
- Search for Tendring Technology College by name or postcode
- Enter your parent code below
- Tick "I am not a robot" and complete any security tasks if necessary.
- Click Submit
- Certify that you accept the terms of service
- On the next screen, add your contact details and choose a password.
- Press Update details when you're done.
Sign up via the App
Lost your parent code?
If you have lost your code, you can request a new one from us, or simply ask your child to log in to their account, go to 'Account Settings' and show parental code. Please see the instructional video for help.
How to log in
Once your account has been created using your parent code, you can then access it on any device. You will no longer need your parent code to log in, only your email address and password.
Login via the App on a mobile device
- Download and open the Show My Homework mobile app
- Search for and select 'Tendring Technology College'
- Tap "login with email or username"
- Enter your email address and password
- Tap login
Forgotten your password?
If you've forgotten your password to log into your account, you can quickly reset it using your registered email address.
Simply click 'forgot password' on the login page of the website, or the app, to begin the reset process. Once you have entered your registered email address on the next screen, click 'reset password' and an email will be sent to you. Follow the link on the email to reset your password and regain account access.
Tip: If you don't see the password reset email in your inbox, check your junk and spam folders.
If you are having trouble logging in using the above methods, please contact us. Alternatively, feel free to contact Show My Homework directly via their contact page.