Exams & Results
Collection of certificates
Certificates relating to exams taken in Summer 2019 will be ready for collection from 1 December .
PRIOR TO COLLECTION - Please contact the Main Office, Frinton Campus - 01255 672116 - and leave your name and date of birth. Please allow 48 hours after making this call before coming to the College to collect the certificates. If you are unable to collect them in person, you need to give a signed letter of permission to whoever is collecting the certificates, which they must bring to the College along with a form of ID. Without either of these, the certificates cannot be given out.
Information for students
The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) issues regulations for students regarding exams. It is important that students read this information, which is posted on the exam notice boards around the College and a copy of each can be found below:-
GCSEs - What can a parent do?
Please click here for a copy of our newsletter for parents and guardians, which contains tips on how to maintain motivation and encourage persistence, revision support and dealing with stress.
External Examination Entry Policy
- All students are expected and entitled to be entered for accreditation in their courses. Entry will be made if it is in the best interests of the student.
- All components for each subject must be completed to enable an overall result to be given.
- Generally, the College will pay for one entry only.
- Re-sits are to be paid for by students.
- All withdrawals or amendments to entry must be agreed by the Curriculum Leader, the Senior link person, student and parents/carers.
- An examination fee will be charged to the student/parents/carers when a student fails without good reason to complete the requirements of any external examination or attend an external examination where the College have originally paid the entry fee.
- Individual statements of entry will be provided for each student.
- Re-sits will only be confirmed after the fee has been received by the finance department.
- The timing of requests may incur additional fees.
- Any proposed amendments to entry must be requested by the CL and agreed by the SLT Link at the earliest opportunity, and before any change is made to the programme of learning.
- Learning Departments are accountable for the progress and achievement of all students timetabled within the subject, whether or not they are entered for external accreditation.
- If students are at risk of not being entered for a subject, CLs should discuss and implement possible rescue strategies with the DoL and their SLT Link. Students who have not provided evidence to justify entry will be given the opportunity to pay for each subject entry themselves. In the event of a pass grade being obtained, the entry fee will be refunded.
- Requests for withdrawal of entry AFTER entries have been made to the exam board must only be made in exceptional circumstances (eg: major illness or other trauma). This should be discussed with the SLT Link Exams.
- It is essential that students, their parents, and the Examinations Officer are kept fully informed as to the situation regarding entry in every subject.
- A withdrawal of entry for any subject must be requested via internal email to the Examinations Officer.