Uniform Code 2017-18
Our academy uniform colours are maroon, school grey and light blue. We have found that children behave better and thus learn better when they are dressed appropriately for school.
We have ensured that the cost of the uniform is affordable for all families and many of the items can be obtained from major chain stores or supermarkets. We expect all children to adhere to the following basic uniform:
- Maroon sweatshirts or cardigans with academy logo
- Light Grey trousers, skirts or tunics
- White shirts or blouses
- Maroon/blue school tie years 3 – 6 only
- Grey, black or white socks or tights
- Plain black flat school shoes i.e. no trainers, heels, boots (N.B. pupils may wish to bring trainers to change in to for playtime; in the winter if pupils wear boots to school then they need to bring their school shoes for inside the school building)
- Sunhats in the hot weather
The following optional uniform may also be worn in the summer term only:
- Red striped or checked dresses or tailored grey shorts
We also have available
- Reversible rain jacket/fleece – for outdoor wear only
All pupils are also required to change for PE. The basic PE uniform which we expect all pupils to wear is:
- Black shorts
- Light blue t-shirt (school logo optional)
- Plimsolls- years R-2
- Trainers- years 3-6
- Hairband/Scrunchie for long hair
- PE Bag
Optional Outdoor PE wear
- Royal blue hoodie (with logo) or Royal Blue soft shell jacket (with logo)
- Navy blue joggers or dark coloured plain tracksuit
Other Important Information:
For children’s safety we would prefer that children do not wear jewellery in school. If you choose for them to do so, then they should only wear a watch and stud earrings, but the school will not be liable for their loss or damage. All items of jewellery must be removed for reasons of safety during PE, unless you complete a disclaimer form stating otherwise.
It is not appropriate for children to wear make-up, nail varnish or tattoos. All children should have neat and tidy hair, no hair colouring, hair art/tattoos or excessively shaven hair.
Please ensure that all uniform is clearly labelled with a permanent marker. As we have more than 200 children in school it is difficult to locate lost property when there is no name. Every year we have several items of unclaimed lost uniform which have not been named.
If you have any further questions about the uniform code, please ask at the school office.