Please see below for information regarding our Governing Body
The overarching responsibility for Governance of the academy lies with the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) Board of Trustees.
If you would like access to the academy's governing board meeting minutes, you may request a copy from the Clerk to the governing board.
Our Local Board of Governors
School governors are an important part of any school and there are over 300,000 school governors in England and they are the largest volunteer force in the country.
The school local board of governors is the 'accountable' body. The local board have strategic responsibility for the direction of the school. Each governor is a member of the local board, which is established in law as a corporate body. Individual governors may not act independently of the rest of the governing body. Decisions are the joint responsibility of the governing body.
The role of the governing body is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- Set the aims and objectives for the school
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- Be a source of challenge and support to the Principal
The Principal is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the governing body.