As part of school and everyday life, we feel that using new technology can enhance the work we do in a variety of ways. However, we also appreciate that it can also present dangers that we all should be aware of.
The AET e-safety policy can be found here
Below we have provided some information sheets for you to download and look at, so that you too can better understand the new technologies your children are using in and out of school.
- Parent fact sheet on e-safety - for key information and links to other websites
- Tips for primary parents - Some tips for parents of Primary age children from Childnet
- Safe online searching factsheet - A guide to safely searching the Internet for you and your child
- Safe use of a mobile phone factsheet - How to ensure your child is using their phone safely
- Internet addiction factsheet - How to spot the signs and how to help
- https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Support-tools/home-activity-worksheets/ has information tailored to different age groups.
At school, we teach the children the SMART rules of Internet safety. Safe, Meeting, Accepting, Reliable and Tell. To find out more about these rules, click on the link below to download a poster that you can print off and put up at home near the computer.
The following websites will support understanding around eSafety