Academy Uniform for Learners
Uniform Purchased from the Academy
- Black blazer with SHLA badge
- SHLA School Tie
Other Required Uniform
- Plain white formal shirt, long or short sleeve – with collar which must be fastened at the neck
- Plain BLACK tailored trousers (not denim or jean style) or plain BLACK knee length skirt (for girls)
- Plain BLACK V-neck jumper, fine knit not sweatshirt material
- Smart plain BLACK shoes (these must be of a material that can be polished – no canvas shoes or trainers. No heels or boots are allowed. No dolly shoes).
- Socks – Plain black (ankle socks are permitted, trainer socks are not)
- Tights – flesh colour or black (no patterns)
- Hijab head scarves should be in accordance with school uniform colours (plain black)
- Leggings, footless tights, cropped and tight trousers are not allowed.
Sport and PE Uniform
The Sport and PE Kit can be ordered from the link below:
Please remember that PE is a compulsory subject and therefore you must come as prepared for this lesson as any other.
NO aerosol sprays/deodorants are permitted in the Academy for safety reasons. Any aerosols found will be confiscated.
ALL clothing and personal items should be clearly marked with the student’s name.
- Jewellery must not be worn in school. The only exception is a small pair of studs (ie, one in each ear). There must be no other visible piercings; this includes tongue/lip/nose piercings and any type of stretchers/bar/retainer.
- Extremes of hair colour and hairstyle or patterns are not allowed.
- If a belt is worn it should be in accordance with school uniform colours (Black)
- False nails are not permitted. No nail varnish to be worn.
- All students must wear a coloured tie to identify their house.