Are you eligible for free school meals?
In 2017 a new Citizen Portal was launched to help you find out if your child qualifies for free school meals.
Please visit the new portal to apply online.
Once you have registered on the new portal, you will not need to do it again, (unless your child changes schools), even if your circumstances change.
Previously rejected claims are checked fortnightly for any changes in eligibility.
The system is quick and simple to use:
- Step 1: Visit the website on a smartphone/hand held device or computer. Please ask at reception it you would like to use a computer at school and we can arrange this. https://emsonline.milton-keynes.gov.uk/CitizenPortal_LIVE
- Step 2: Follow the instructions on the website to register.
- Step 3: Record the REFERENCE NUMBER you receive.
- Step 4: Give the reference number to the school by bringing it in to show us or by emailing your number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 5: Tell your child if they are eligible for free school meals. If they are, they will be able to have them in school immediately.