Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Welcome to our SEN page. This is where you will find lots of useful information about Special Needs provision at Shafton Primary.
My name is Samantha Bray and I am the SENDCO here at Shafton Primary Academy.
What is my role in school?
I work closely with all staff in school, parents, outside agencies and colleagues throughout the area. I have the responsibility alongside the Head Teacher of co-ordinating the provision made for individual children with Special Educational Needs. I love my role so much.
· Overseeing the day-to-day operation of our school’s SEND policy.
· Co-ordinating provision for SEND children, making sure it is of the highest quality.
· Being a trusted point of contact for parents of children with SEND.
· Liasing with outside agencies that help children with SEND. (eg. Educational Psychologist, SALT, Pediatrics)
· Making sure that all paperwork is completed correctly and is up to date.
Shafton Primary Academy is fully inclusive and every child is welcome. It is our job to ensure that all children are treated equally and with respect whatever their individual needs are.
Our academy trust fully endorse Barnsley admissions policy which supports children with special needs.
We have a special needs policy which is for the AET and we also have a 'SEND Information Report'. The aim of this report is to help you to easily find information about how we will help your child in school and also the local services, activities and support available in Barnsley for children with special educational needs and/or disabilities and their families.
Together we can make a difference.
Please click on the link below to see our SEND Information Report
Here is the direct link to Barnsley's Local Offer website:
Please click on the link below to see the AET SEND Policy