Financial Statement Academic Year 2013-14
£500 October 2013 for the purchase of reading books
The AET Group Financial Statements can be found here Academies Enterprise Trust Performance
Governor Allowances Policy
The Education (Governors’ Allowances) Regulations 2003 give Governing Bodies the discretion to pay allowances, from the school’s annual budget allocation, to governors for certain allowances which they incur in carrying out their duties. Severn View Primary Academy Governing Body believes that paying governors allowances, in specific categories as set out below, is important in ensuring equality of opportunity to serve as governors for all members of the community and so is an appropriate use of school funds. The specific items allowable reflect this objective.
With immediate effect all governors of Severn View Primary Academy will be entitled to claim the actual costs, which they incur, as follows:
1. Governors will be able to claim allowances providing the allowances are incurred in carrying out their duties, as a Governor or representative of Severn View Primary Academy, and are agreed by the Finance Committee that they are justified before any reimbursable costs are incurred.
2. Governors will be able to claim for the following, on a case-by-case basis and with the prior approval of the Governing Body:
• Childcare or baby sitting allowances (excluding payments to a current/former spouse or partner);
• Cost of care arrangements for an elderly or dependent relative (excluding payments to a current/former spouse or partner);
• The extra costs they incur in performing their duties either because they have special needs or because English is not their first language;
• The cost of travel relating only to travel to meetings/training courses at the rate per mile paid by Gloucestershire CC at the time of the claim;
• Travel and subsistence costs, payable at the current rates specified by the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, associated with attending national meetings or training events, unless these costs can be claimed from AET or any other source;
• Telephone charges, photocopying, stationery, postage etc;
• Any other justifiable allowances.
The Governing Body at Severn View Primary Academy acknowledges that:
• Governors may not be paid attendance allowance;
• Governors may not be reimbursed for loss of earnings.
Governors wishing to make claims under these arrangements, once prior approval has been sought, should complete a claims form (obtainable from the Clerk to the Governors), attaching receipts, and return it to the School within two weeks of the date when the allowances were incurred, when they will be submitted for approval by the Chair of Governors or Chair of Finance to be presented to the Finance Committee for final approval.
Claims may be subject to independent audit and may be investigated by the Chair of Governors (or Vice Chair in respect of the Chair of Governors) if they appear excessive or inconsistent.