Severn View Primary Academy is committed to meeting its responsibilities in relation to the Equality Act of 2010 and aims to uphold the three main elements of the Act:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations across all characteristics - between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
We will do this by:
- Regular assemblies on a range of themes associated with raising the profile of equality and diversity. Not only do we as a school have a legal duty to promote the ideals of equality and diversity in light of the Equality Act 2010, but we have a moral duty to prepare our students for a world that is far more diverse than the school or its immediate locality.
- Exploring the theme through other areas of the curriculum including History, RE and PSHCE. The main aim of this focus is to encourage discussion and to raise awareness of difference, since ignorance and fear are often at the basis of hatred.
Various school policies which address the topic of equality can be found under the School Policies tab.
The Academy Enterprise Trust targets on equality can be found here