Apprenticeships, Traineeships and School Leaver Jobs
What are apprenticeships?
Apprenticeships are an excellent way of gaining qualifications and workplace experience. As an employee, you earn as you learn and you gain practical skills from the workplace. Find apprenticeships here.
Where to find an Apprenticeship
LOCAL AREA (RICHMOND, KINGSTON & WANDSWORTH)
- Hawk Training is based in Twickenham and trains young people in Traineeships and Apprenticeships in: Business Admin; Childcare; IT; Team Leading / Management; Warehousing & Storage
- Way 2 Work works with local employers to offer Traineeships and Apprenticeships in Business Administration, Customer Service and Childcare
- Middleton Murray in Wandsworth and Westminster have routes into Traineeships, Apprenticeships and Degree Apprenticeships. Book onto one of their open days to find out more.
LINKED TO LOCAL COLLEGES
- Richmond upon Thames College works with local employers to offer Apprenticeships in; Business, Computing & IT, Construction Crafts and Sport & Exercise.
- Kingston College, works with local employers to offer Apprenticeships in; Administration, Childcare, Electrical Installation, Engineering, Hairdressing, IT, Maintenance Operations, Recruitment.
- West Thames College works with local employers to offer Apprenticeships in a wide range of industries
- NESCOT College in Epsom, North East Surrey offers a wide range of apprenticeships
BANKING & FINANCE
- Lloyds Banking Group offer apprenticeships in Customer facing roles; People & Marketing Strategy; Business Management; Innovation Technology and Financial Management.
- Visa offer Higher Apprenticeships (Level 4 qualification) in Technology & Business, and in Financial Accounting. Students need a Level 3 qualification in order to be eligible for a Higher Apprenticeship.
- All About Law offers free advice and guidance to young people interested in a career in law.
- AWE offer apprenticeships in a variety of Science Technology, Engineering and Maths industries.
- BDO offer apprenticeships in accounting and tax
- BPP Professional Apprenticeships recruit Apprentices within the professions: Accountancy; Business & Administration; Financial Services; Law
- Central Training Group HQ are based in Bethnal Green, and offer Traineeships and Apprenticeships in; Hairdressing, Customer Service, Business and Administration, Team Leading, Management as well as courses in Graphic Design.
- CSR Scientific Training Group offer apprenticeships within science.
- Deloitte offer entry level and higher level apprenticeships in a variety of roles.
- Intequal offer IT apprenticeships throughout the UK.
- JustIT offer IT apprenticeships specialising in IT Support, IT Development, Business Support and Digital Marketing to young people with at least 5 GCSEs at A*-C
- Kaplan Apprenticeships; various apprenticeships available
- Lifetime Training offer apprenticeships across various sectors
- Paragon Skills offers a range of Intermediate and Advanced apprenticeships across London
- QA Apprenticeships are based in central London near Finsbury and offer Traineeships and Apprenticeships in: IT; Software & Web Design; Digital Marketing; Cyber Security; Project Management; Business, and Professional Sales
- The RAF offer over 17 apprenticeship roles.
- Virgin Media offer apprenticeships in technical and customer service roles
- Vodafone run a variety of apprenticeships from Level 2 to degree apprenticeships in both their Business & Digital department as well as Technology department.
- White Hat for apprenticeships in the technology sector.
- Axis Europe offer Apprenticeships for people looking to get into Administration, Plumbing, Plastering, Electrical and Painting & Decorating.
- Automotive apprenticeships with companies such as; Bosch, Suzuki, Renault, and Iveco.
- Balfour Beatty offer apprenticeships from intermediate level, up to degree level within the wider construction industry as well as business.
- Builders Merchants Federation offer Apprenticeships in Business Administration; Customer Service; Logistics; Management; Team Leading; Warehousing & Storage
- CITB (the Construction Industry Training Board) offer 30 different types of Apprenticeships in the Construction industry
- First Group offer apprenticeships for school leavers as well as degree apprenticeships in a variety of roles
- JTL offer apprenticeship training in Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Ventilation, and Engineering Maintenance
- K10 offer construction based apprenticeships across London
- Mercedes-Benz offer apprenticeships in the areas of: Light vehicle, Heavy vehicle and Parts Specialists
- Mitchells & Butlers offer apprenticeships across the catering and hospitality sector
- Mitie are an employer who offer Apprenticeships in Engineering; Building & Property; and Facilities Management
- Mott MacDonald offer Advanced (L3) and Degree level apprenticeships in engineering, management and development
- Network Rail offer Engineering apprenticeships to young people with at least 4 GCSEs at A*-C/9-5.
- Remit offer Apprenticeships in Automotive; IT; Hospitality; Business; and Health & Social Care
- Thames Water offer apprenticeships in a broad range of infrastructure roles, such as: Technical, Instrumentation, Controls & Automation; Mechanical & Electrical
- Transport for London offer Apprenticeships in: Rail & Underground; Surface Transport; and Specialist Services
- UKSA (United Kingdom Sailing Academy) has a variety of alternative training routes in the sailing industry
- VW Group Apprenticeships with automobile manufacturers such as Audi, Bentley, Seat, Skoda and Volkswagen
- Wates offer Level 3-6 Apprenticeships in: Production, Quantity Surveying, Building Services, Mechanical and Electrical to students who have gained a minimum of 8 GCSE's at C grade, with B in both Maths and English, and are keen to get into the Construction market.
Apprenticeship bulletins and guides
Central London Connexions produces a useful weekly opportunities bulletin for all new apprenticeship openings in: Camden, Hackney, Islington, Kensington, Chelsea, Lambeth, Southwark, Wandsworth and Westminster. You can find the latest bulletin at the link on the left of the page.
School Leaver Programmes
School Leaver Programmes can be an alternative to pursuing a traditional university route. Some offer apprenticeships, others offer “sponsored degrees” where you work, get paid and your employer pays for your degree, some offer to pay for training towards professional accreditation. Some school leaver programmes also offer training and employment to students leaving school at age 16. Deadline and dates vary according to the company, so check individual sites regularly.