Choosing a secondary school for your child can be a very stressful process! The right choice can depend on a number of factors from exam results and progress through to a gut feel regarding the personality of the schools you are considering and how that personality will fit your child.
Richmond Park Academy is in the middle of a dynamic transformation as our Principal, Mr Mundy-Castle, continues to implement his vision to take RPA on to the next level. That vision is focussed on delivering excellent outcomes across our school community. The following initiatives have already been implemented :
- We have successfully launched our Key Stage 3 Saturday School which runs every Saturday from 9:30am to 11:30am supporting students in English, maths and science
- We have launched our extracurricular programme where 2 sessions a week of enrichment activity are compulsory. Students across the academy are now enjoying a whole range of activity from sports through to art and homework clubs.
- We launched our World Week Enrichment programme where all Years 7-10 students were off time-table for a week. They could choose which enrichment programme that they followed. Choices included: overseas trips, museum week, art & design week, cultural week including a trip to Bletchley Park and building rollercoasters - and that is just a small taster!
- We have invested over £15000 in the dining room to ensure that we have enough seating for students during lunchtimes
- We have employed six new learning support assistants to ensure that our students with additional educational needs are being fully supported in lessons
- We have introduced Independent Learning Projects (ILPs) to encourage independent thinking and planning
Our school video gives a real taste of both RPA's aspirations and the inclusive, encouraging personality that it has. You can see it below and there is a link from the home page.
Getting to know Richmond Park Academy is as easy as sending an email.
Mr Mundy-Castle runs a twice-weekly Talk & Tour event every Tuesday and Thursday morning between 9.00am and 10.00am in September and October.
Mr Mundy-Castle or a member of the senior leadership team tour the school during the working day and take questions en route. It is a great way to see RPA at work and ask Mr Mundy-Castle those questions that are important for your child.
Book your tour at firstname.lastname@example.org.We look forward to sharing our school with you.