Choosing a secondary school for your child can be a very stressful process! The right choice can depend on a number of factors from exam results and progress through to a gut feel regarding the personality of the schools you are considering and how that personality will fit your child.
Richmond Park Academy is in the middle of a dynamic transformation to take RPA to the next level. That vision is focussed on delivering excellent outcomes across our school community. The following initiatives have already been implemented :
- We have successfully launched our Key Stage 3 Saturday School which runs every Saturday from 9:30am to 11:30am supporting students in English, maths and science
- We have launched our extracurricular programme where 2 sessions a week of enrichment activity are compulsory. Students across the academy are now enjoying a whole range of activity from sports through to art and homework clubs.
- We launched our World Week Enrichment programme where all Years 7-10 students were off time-table for a week. They could choose which enrichment programme that they followed. Choices included: overseas trips, museum week, art & design week, cultural week including a trip to Bletchley Park and building rollercoasters - and that is just a small taster!
- We have invested over £15000 in the dining room to ensure that we have enough seating for students during lunchtimes
- We have employed six new learning support assistants to ensure that our students with additional educational needs are being fully supported in lessons
- We have introduced Independent Learning Projects (ILPs) to encourage independent thinking and planning
Our school video gives a real taste of both RPA's aspirations and the inclusive, encouraging personality that it has. You can see it below and there is a link from the home page.
Getting to know Richmond Park Academy is as easy as sending an email.
Dr David Moody runs a twice-weekly Talk & Tour event every Tuesday and Thursday morning between 9.00am and 10.00am in September and October.
Dr David Moody or a member of the senior leadership team tour the school during the working day and take questions en route. It is a great way to see RPA at work and ask Dr Moody those questions that are important for your child.
Book your tour at firstname.lastname@example.org.We look forward to sharing our school with you.