GCSE Results 2019
83 Grade 9s for RPA students!
Dramatic GCSE improvement across the board for RPA GCSE students
Isha H of Richmond Park Academy achieved nine grade 9s and two A*s in her GCSEs this year. Her exceptional results were representative of an impressive set of GCSE results at the academy showing dramatic improvements across the board with 83 grade 9s achieved across the cohort and a substantial improvement in the number of students who achieved 5s in both English and maths. A combination of a hard working cohort, committed teachers, timely strategic interventions throughout the year and an excellent revision programme delivered the results that the students deserved.
- English and Maths 5+ has seen an impressive 15.3% increase on the 2018 results to 50.3%. 70% of students secured 4+ in both maths and English.
- One third of all subjects achieved grade 9 results which put them in the top 2% of the country including Latin, mathematics, English, history, religious studies and the sciences.
- Richmond Park Academy students secured 83 Grade 9s across all subjects.
- Achievement across the whole cohort is demonstrated by our Attainment 8 grade which measures achievement across 8 subjects. Richmond Park Academy’s score has leapt by nearly 0.5 to 5.03 exceeding the national average by an impressive 0.38.
Incoming Headteacher, Nabila Jiwa, released the following statement:
“I'm absolutely delighted that the GCSE results from Richmond Park Academy have gone up so significantly this academic year; it is a testament to all of the amazing work that the staff, students and community have put in. My hope is that we can now build on these results and ensure consistently high academic outcomes for all of the children in our care for many years to come.”
Deputy Headteacher, James Cook added:
“These results are fantastic for the students and the school. On results day it is such a pleasure to see the students break down in tears of joy. The main ingredient for success at GCSE is consistent hard work and application. It is worth it on days like this. I wish every student every success in the future and look forward to working with the incoming Year 11 and 12 next year.”
Outgoing Head of Academy, Tyrone Myton added:
" I am immensely proud of students, staff and all involved in this huge improvement in academic outcomes at RPA. It is a significant step on our journey to outstanding which is what all our students and families deserve. I am delighted to be leaving with such positive results and look forward to seeing the further improvement the school will make over the coming years’.
There are an endless number of fantastic individual success stories from this year’s set of results but some of the real highlights are below:
- Isha H attained nine Grade 9s with additional A*s in Statistics and German. Less than 900 students across the country matched her achievement. She will now study biology, chemistry, maths and physics at St Paul's and has her eye on a future in medicine or medical research. Reflecting on her results, Isha said, “I am really glad that I came to my local school in Year 7. I am delighted with my grades but Richmond Park Academy has given me an education beyond just academic grades and fantastic friendship groups.”
- Hazel B scores eight Grade 9s and one Grade 8 with additional A*s in Statistics and German and will now study biology, chemistry and PE at A Level. She said, “I really didn’t know what to expect but I am really happy! I have been at Richmond Park Academy since Year 7 and it has been the most supportive school that I could have dreamed of. I have come back today for my results and it feels like family.”
- Jesse R scored eight Grade 9s and one Grade 7 and will now study maths, economics, history plus one other at A Level with the aim of sitting PPE, politics or economics at university. “I have been at Richmond Park Academy since Year 7 and the resilience and independence it encouraged made a huge contribution towards the grades that I have achieved. I am sure that resilience will really help me at A Level.”
- Finn R, who has also represented Great Britain in rowing this year, opened his results to find two 9s, four 8s, two 7s and a 6. “ I will be reading science and maths at A Level which I am excited about. Mr Doy and the history department have always given me constructive input on my work and the confidence to do my best and my friendship group was brilliant too; we always pushed each other!"
- Deborah F secured an impressive set of GCSE results with five Grades 9s, four Grade 8s and one Grade 7. However, it was her Progress 8 score of +3.62 which shows jaw dropping progress from when she came to us from primary school. Deborah effectively exceeded her predicted results by 4 grade levels.
- Emmanouil P showed that having English as an additional language shouldn’t hold back students at Richmond Park Academy. Despite only joining us at the beginning of Year 11, he attained five Grade 8s and one Grade 6.