Year 1 Curriculum
Please find below details of some websites suggested at the Year 1 Literacy Workshops held in October 2016
- http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/ (free resources to help support the DfES Letters and Sounds phonics programme. Information on each phonics phase, resources and interactive games).
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/wordsandpictures/cvc/index.shtml (a mix of very good interactive games covering most phonic phases).
- www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks1bitesize/literacy/ (a very good selection of interactive games focusing on phonics and sentence construction. Each game is split into medium/hard/really hard level).
- www.ictgames.com/literacy.html (a great selection of games that link well with games in Letters and Sounds).
- www.phonicsplay.co.uk (a selection of interactive games for all phonic phases. (Some resources require a subscription.)
A Curriculum Overview for Year 1 can be viewed here. This will give details of areas covered throughout the 2018-2019 Academic Year.
To find out more information about the curriculum we follow at Plumberow, please speak with a relevant year group teacher or the academy office.
Games lessons for Year 1 Pupils from September 2018, will be on Thursday mornings!