We have two early years classes at Pioneer, a nursery class Blue 1 and a reception class Blue 2. Both classes follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile curriculum, which is delivered with the ethos of learning through play. The curriculum is delivered through a number of different strategies:
- Pupils having the opportunity to make choices, using total communication strategies.
- Pupils having the opportunity to experience free flow play both inside and out
- Staff leading individual pupils for short learning activities at a workstation or table.
- Small group activities that promote social interaction.
- Whole group sessions that develop attention and group participation.
We provide each pupil with an individual education plan to support the priorities from their education, health, care plan (EHCP); which we review termly with parents. We also hold joint up planning meetings once a year with parents and other professionals (involved with the pupil) to review the priorities listed in the pupils EHCP and to set new targets for the coming year.