What is E-safety?
E-Safety means 'electronic safety'. It is important because it helps to keep you safe so you can enjoy & explore.
The Internet is great because:
· You can learn lots of things.
· You can have lots of fun and play loads of games.
· It can help with our school work.
· You can stay in touch with friends.
But some online dangers might include:
· Cyber Bullying - can be nasty text messages and emails, swearing.
· Stranger Danger - some people, who we talk to online, we don’t know, so they are strangers.
· Bad Language - sometimes when we are online, we can see or hear swear words that might upset us.
· Content Online - some material online is not suitable for children to look at.
· Viruses - some emails can contain viruses which might harm your computer or tablet.
At school, we can teach you to stay safe online by following the SMART advice -
S – Keep your personal information SAFE and SECURE
M – Do not agree to meet anyone from the Internet; they may not be who you think they are
A – Do not ACCEPT messages or e-mails from somebody you don’t know. -
R – Remember, do not always trust the information you find on the Internet; it may not be correct
T – If something or someone upsets you on the Internet TELL a trusted adult in school or at home
E-safety Do's and Don'ts
What should I do?
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ALWAYS SPEAK TO SOMEONE YOU TRUST.
WE NEVER WANT YOU TO KEEP THIS TO YOURSELF.
IN SCHOOL WE LISTEN TO YOU AND ACT ON YOUR WORRIES.
What shouldn’t I do?
DO NOT KEEP WORRIES TO YOURSELF.
DO NOT BE UNKIND OR NASTY BACK.
DO NOT GET ANGRY OR UPSET
DO NOT DELETE MESSAGES
What We Do In School
Our School Internet Rules -
· We ask permission before using the Internet.
· We use web-sites our Teachers have advised us to look at.
· When we send messages that are polite and friendly.
· We never give out our address or telephone numbers.
· We never arrange to meet anyone we don’t know.
· We don’t open messages from people we don’t know.
The School will -
· Have Internet filters to keep us from seeing inappropriate content
· Keep access to tablets and laptops secure
· Makes sure all staff have training to help keep children safe
In school all our computers, tablets and laptops are monitored by eSafe - keeping our school community safe online.
E-safety Advice for Parents
Keeping up to date with the latest Apps and games is a daunting task.
One thing parents can do is check the suitability of an app or a game through checking the age restrictions and by familiarising yourself with some of the handy guides supplied by the Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Board.