Mental Health & Well-being
At North Ormesby Primary Academy, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and well-being of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer different levels of support:
Core Offer - To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For instance developing resilience for all.
Additional Offer - For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
Targeted Offer - For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as well-being groups or personal mentors.
Lead staff members:
Cassie Williams: Safeguarding, inclusion & attendance coordinator
Rachael Brown: SENDCo
Chris Hall: Vulnerable learner champion
Chris Dowie: Trainee ELSA ( Emotional Literacy Support Assistant)